Hotwire: 4.5 star downtown Miami... near beach??

letsgocruz1

I am looking for a room for one night, May 30, 2009. There is a 4.5* hotel in downtown Miami listed on hotwire.

Amenities include:

Boutique

Near Beach

No smoking

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

golf

Now I know the range that they call downtown covers quite a bit of area, but near a beach?? Any ideas on what it could be?? Thanks

Thanks, I tried that but no 4.5* hotels came up, only 4* and below, and none for downtown Miami w/beach access. Do you think their website has made a mistake and should say South beach or Miami Beach, etc. Is there even beach access in the downtown area?????

Since there is no golf course in downtown Miami, there's an error somewhere in the description. Do they give you a phne number to call for that question?

I called Hotwire and the person I spoke with said that the description and area were correct, but I don't think he knew what he was talking about...but whatever, LOL Thanks for your help!

Blue Herons, You're right about the golf courses in the vicinity.

The thing that hit me too is the word "boutique" in the description. I think of Boutique as being a smaller hotel with European type service. oh well. We'll never know if it's gone from the site.

Hey guys thanks for the help!

It's showing up tonight. Look for Miami, May 30, departing on May 31. $251

It could be a number of the smaller hotels that would fit the boutique thing.

The Mayfair and Mutiny both come to mind. However, there is a new hotel downtown the Hotel Blue or something of the sort.

Either way, I think you are safe to book this hotel.

Now the curiosity is killing me!

It could be a number of the smaller hotels that would fit the boutique thing.

The Mayfair and Mutiny both come to mind. However, there is a new hotel downtown the Hotel Blue or something of the sort.

Either way, I think you are safe to book this hotel.

Now the curiosity is killing me!

Thanks BlueHerons...I would love to know too!! But, dh and I discussed it and since we are only staying one night, we are going to look for something cheaper for our family. It looks like I could get the Hilton Downtown or the Marriott Biscayne Bay for around $115 plus tax/fees by booking thru easyclicktravel. Which of these do you think would be better? Thanks!

What's the hurry? By May, the hotels could be bidding for YOUR business.

You know, you are right. I am such a planner and love to get it all done. I think I will wait it out and see how it goes, maybe book a back up just in case (something that I am not charged for pre-stay). I wonder how availability will be that weekend?? Anyone know if anything big is going on that weekend in Miami??

Thanks!!

Archived