Promenade Stateroom - which floor is best

sandgrand

My friends just got a great deal on the Freedom of the Seas in a promenade stateroom. There are rooms available on the 6th, 7th, & 8th floor. Any pro's or con's about which floor to choose? Are the views good from any floor? Thanks for the help.

Curious here too. We currently have one booked on the 6th floor of the Mariner. To us it seemed 8th floor was looking to far down but on 7 we thought might be the best of both worlds, view & less noise. However no one seems to complain about any noise so deck 6 is it?

BonVoyage

Dawna

We were on deck 7 (7287 and 7289 connecting) and we loved the location. Sandwiched between two floors of cabins meant it was quieter...and honestly, we heard nothing while sleeping coming from the Promenade.

We loved the fact that to get to the dining room or Arcadia theater we could easily use the stairs (three decks down: we were assigned to the DR on deck 4).

Only two flights down to the Promenade; a short walk to grab pizza or morning coffee.

Just four decks up to the Windjammer and pools.

It meant we never felt we needed to wait for an elevator when coming from the cabin.

Please be aware that there isnt much activity going on into the wee hours of the evening on the promenade. With the exception of a parade the first night, the promenade was pretty much silent by 11 PM with the exceptioin of just a few people in the bar/sorrentos/cafe promenade. Also, the windows are double paned, which provide increased noise protection. The only potential issue I've read about with noise issues is if you are right above the bar on deck 6 on the promenade, which will have music playing at night. As long as you aren't there, noise shouldn't be an issue!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the promenade staterooms. I'm a convert as of my most recent cruise. we've done inside room, balcony, and now promenade. promenade are my fav. I could just look down on the parades instead of getting into the crowd. you can hear the noise from the promenade (though muffled) until the activity dies down - like the other poster said - at about 11 PM. We stayed on deck seven, not too high, not too low. awesome. the coolest thing about the promenade rooms: that cool nook to sit it and people gaze.

Deck 6 is my favorite deck because of the quick run down to the promenade for a snack. As long as you aren't positioned directly over the bar/lounge, you won't hear any noise. I would think deck 8 is a bit too high for a good view.

The Ben and Jerry's promenade cabin has a slightly obstructed view because of the cow cut-out, but has the perk of free ice cream. I don't know the cabin number on deck 6, but those who have stayed there have given very positive feedback.

Deck 6 is my favorite deck because of the quick run down to the promenade for a snack. As long as you aren't positioned directly over the bar/lounge, you won't hear any noise. I would think deck 8 is a bit too high for a good view.

The Ben and Jerry's promenade cabin has a slightly obstructed view because of the cow cut-out, but has the perk of free ice cream. I don't know the cabin number on deck 6, but those who have stayed there have given very positive feedback.

It is cabin #6305. We stayed there on our recent Freedom cruise. You can click the cabin tour located in my signature to see what it's all about. I highly recommend that cabin and Deck 6 for sure!

We had a promenade cabin 8611 on the explorer not good for viewing the parade since we were far back but great locate for by the stairs and elevators. We rarely ever used the elevators three down to the promenade and three up to the pool deck and windjammer would get the same room again.

Chris

We were on deck 6 right above the wig & gavel bar, and the only noise that we heard was the guitar player at night which was very enjoyable. We loved it, and that's the only rooms that we'll pick. We are going LOS in March, and booked the same cabin we had on MOS. ENJOY!!

Had deck 7 midship on Voyageur, currently booked midship deck 7 b2b promenade. We do like the window on inside cabin as alternative to ocean view. As for noise, like previous posters entertainment limited in time, so deligthful rather than annoying. Interesting to watch people wandering and rushing through this area. We did have an issue with being next to an adjoining cabin..could hear talking as a murmur through the closed door, so if possible avoid joining cabin location, but don't not do the PR cabin because of this.

we've done deck 6 & 7 promenade view cabins and are trying deck 8 on upcoming Indy cruise...after a couple balcony cruises, where my mate never once strayed out onto balcony & 1 inside cabin cruise (all dark - all the time - is it daytime?)...we really like the prom view cabins...for keeping an eye on the activities & cafe situation below

It is cabin #6305. We stayed there on our recent Freedom cruise. You can click the cabin tour located in my signature to see what it's all about. I highly recommend that cabin and Deck 6 for sure!
Being directly over Ben & Jerry's does it smell like waffle cones? :D I love that smell when walking down the promenade.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We've got PR 8609 reserved on the Mariner for our kids, and we've got a center hump...I asked about the view from the PR on another thread and was told the windows angle out to give you a better view.

I love the location near the elevators, but will the parades be anywhere near 8609?

PS I'm a 9th floor balcony snob who likes to be closer to the pool than the cookies!

We have had 6th and 7th floor PR rooms and love them. You will hear muffled sounds during the parades. Other than that, we heard nothing. It is great for people watching. Just remember to close your curtains. People can see in:eek: My ds found out the hard way after stepping out of the shower into his room. He started getting dressed until someone reminded him people could be watching:D

I'm excited to read such great reviews of these rooms. We are on LOS in Jan and have a Promenade room. I was worried because dh prefers oceanviews when we travel either to the beach or a cruise. So I'm hoping this will be good. It looks like the rooms are decent sized too.

• 4 years later...

Thanks to everyone who commented on the Interior Promenade Staterooms on the Voyager Class RCCL Ships. We're going on a transatlantic cruise on the Adventure in Nov 2013 and booked an 8th Deck Promenade room in midship. Can't wait now!!;)

My DW and I have only been on one cruise. It was on the Freedom last September. We had a Promenade room on the 6th deck. We loved it. Close to the elevators but far enough away, where we didn't have the noise from them.

We are booked for Freedom in Oct. We have the same room we had last year. We can't wait.

We were on deck 6 right above the wig & gavel bar, and the only noise that we heard was the guitar player at night which was very enjoyable. We loved it, and that's the only rooms that we'll pick. We are going LOS in March, and booked the same cabin we had on MOS. ENJOY!!

We were directly above the Pub on Mariner one time and our experience was just the opposite. The musician had his speakers pointed at the ceiling which was the floor of our cabin. No rest until he packed up for the night!!!

Archived