Magen's Bay or Orient Beach

We would go to Megan's Bay. The water is calmer and it is beautiful. Orient Beach is nice too and it has a really nice view.

Do you realize that Megan's Bay is in St. Thomas and Orient Beach is on St Marteen?

You will have fun were ever you go.

Jean

Thank you, we do realize the beaches are on different islands, however we will be in St. Thomas and St. Maarten on consecutive days and since the DH is not the lay and the beach type of guy, I better not schedule two beach days in a row. We are thinking about mountain binking in St. Maarten. Thank you again.

It really depends on what you like in a beach. The ride to Magen's Bay is scenic, but the sand is not pristine white and the water not as clear as other beaches. It is really peaceful - you can rent a mat and just float. But I prefer Orient Beach. The water crystal clear and the sand is white. There are also all types of water sports to rent there. Sometimes it is calm and other times gets some pretty good waves. Really depends what type of a beach day you are looking for.

Why not shopping and then the Paradise Point tramway on St. Thomas?http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/

We were at Megans Bay 2 year s ago and loved it..very scenic, in fact there was a wedding going on on the beach while we were there. I agree with the above poster...we had heard ahead of time that there was abit of nudity at Orient Beach...

Orient beach by far!!! The sand and water are beautiful. Lots of places to rent nice comfortable lounge chairs and umbrellas. We used Kon Tiki....nice comfortable beach chairs with cushions. Great pizza there also. About the nudity, orient club is on the right. so the further right you go the more nudity you may encounter. Some nude people do walk out of the nudist portion but noticed that is earlier in the morning. As the beach gets more crowded they tend to stay on their side.

Here is some info I posted on another post about Orient Beach:

Taxi is $6 pp ea way. Ask to be dropped at Bikini Beach section and arrange for a pick up time. This is about mid beach and has rentals for wave runners, parasailing, etc. They also have a trampoline in the water which you can swim out to. The umbrella and chair is about $6 each per person. You could probably get away with 1 umbrella and 2 chairs for the 2 of you. There is also a beach bar and restaurant. If you're interested, there is a person who does henna tatoos which wash off in a couple of weeks.

After a few hours and the beach, just be ask to be dropped off in town (Fredericksburg) and do a little shopping before heading back to the ship. You can take a water taxi back to the ship for about $3 pp.

Here is a great link to Orient Beach. Enjoy!!!!!

http://home.carolina.rr.com/edsandra/OrientPanorama.htm

How about another idea? Head over to St Johns and hike the trail (very easy) behind the National Park Visitors Center. You will end up on Honeymoon Beach and Caneel Bay. It's almost heaven on earth. Or head up a bit farther to Trunk Bay. We love St Johns over St Thomas and it is easy and inexpensive to get to by ferry.

I agree, I love St John's beaches much better than St. Thomas. We went to Trunk Bay Beach and I still dream about that day. In St. MAARTEN there is great shopping too. I liked Orient Beach, but we went on a very windy day and the water was really rough. My kids didn't enjoy the nudity either.

I'm with Happy Mom - any idea how long of a ride to Bikini Beach? Should go morning and shop in the afternoon or shop and go to the beach in the afternoon? How far away is the shopping area from the beach compared to the ship? Cost for taxi? What is this water taxi thing I hear about?

What about Sapphire Beach. long drive from ship? cost for taxi? Same questions as above.

Thanks in advance.

kenlorjus

Archived