Bad RCCL phone experience ends with Excellent Customer Service Experience

Hi All,

I had the unfortunate experience yesterday of reaching a RCCL rep who was less than professional and a bit sarcastic. I had a question about some onboard credit issues and the rep was awful....

I got quite upset and demanded to speak to a supervisor. He told me, "fine, I will put my supervisor on, but she is just going to tell you....."

Anyway....long story short...The supervisor was wonderful. She apologized for the other agents attitude and listened to my concerns attentively. She was not able to resolve my issues for me. When I let her know that I was not satisfied she directed me on to Customer Service and from there I ended up at the resolutions department.

My issues were addressed and I was made to feel that my concerns were vaild. All was sorted out and I received the OBC that I felt I was due!

This is the 4th time I have had a "major" concern with RCCL.....but it is the also the 4th time that my concern was addressed and solved to my satisfaction!!!

RCCL will continue to receive my business (as often as I can manage)!!

Given the state of our economy, I wonder if customer service won't improve? Companies will have to work to keep their customers, and with unemployment rising, workers will actually have to do a decent job to keep on getting a paycheck!

I'm glad you're getting such good service. According to your signature, you've been on 2 RCI cruises, with one coming up, and you've had 4 MAJOR issues?

Either you've been very unfortunate, or I have been very fortunate - 4 RCI cruises and NO major issues.

Jeff

I have taken 5 cruises with RCI since January and have an Xpedition and Azamara cruise booked for next year( I book thru RCI and often transfer at final payment).....I only say this so you can see how many times I have spoken to RCI in the last year.

So far they have been the most receptive "travel company" company that I have dealt with.

But when calling I often get a questionable rep,and I can often tell just by the way the phone is answered, so I come up with some excuse to get off the line and call back usually getting another rep. that appeals to me and generally resolves my problem or sends me to the correct department.

I have nothing but good things to say about RCI andf their customer service at C&A..

Archived