Costco in Cabo

zandramarie

The Costco in Cabo is not a reasonable distance for cruisers. It would require a cab ride (best guess $15-$20 each way). In downtown, there is a place (still a bit of a walk though) called City Club. It is similar to Costco but you have to pay a small daily entrance fee. My guess is that it is a 1 hour walk from the tender pier, maybe a little less. Another place downtown and a little closer is called Aramburo. It is a smaller (than Walmart) grocery store but I can't really tell you what their selection of diapers would be. Probably the best choice in Cabo would be a hybrid store (like Super WalMarts) called "CCC" (pronounced say, say, say). If you were to walk to the edge of the marina (maybe 20-30 min from the tender pier and catch a cab from there, it would maybe cost $10 each way to get to the "CCC". They will take both dollars and pesos there.

If you are going to Puerto Vallarta, that is probably the best place to re-stock. There is a WalMart across the street from the cruise ship terminal. Fairly easy walk. Stroller use may be a challange in most ports. Many streets/sidewalks in Mexico are not the most friendly to stroller use. It's getting better, but it can still be a challange in some areas.

Have a great cruise!

Costco is pretty far from the marina (at least for walking)....I think Wal-mart is closer, but both are on the highway. Either way, I'm sure you could get a cab there for around $10 or 15. There is a free city bus to wal-mart, but I'm not sure if I would trust it on a cruise schedule. The city bus looks like an old school bus, and it will have a cardboard sign that says "wal-mart" in the front. We stayed in Cabo for a week in September and shopped at this store called "City Market Plus" or something along those lines, and it was much closer than Costco and Wal-mart....walking distance from our resort which was on Medano Beach (about a 15 min walk from the marina). Hope this helps!

How far is it from the pier to Costco? How much does a taxi cost if anyone has done it. We are cruising in January with a yr. old and may need to get diapers. Anyplace else you may know of closer, Wal Mart etc. Thanks, Zandra

In the Cabo area, it is located 4.5 km from Cabo San Lucas. See this map - http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/LocationTemplate.aspx?Warehouse=724 I don't know what a taxi would cost to get there.

In Vallarta, Walmart/Sam's Club are located across the street from the port. Costco is located just a little too far away to walk to. A City Taxi (bright yellow) would be about 40 pesos ($4 USD) each way. See this map for the location of both stoores - http://www.vallarta-info.com/hotelzone.html

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest and fastest way to stock up is in PV. There is a wal mart and sam's club within 100 yards of the ship.

Best yet, bring along lots. Your room stewart could store them for you.

If you do choose to go to costco in Cabo. Have the cab driver take you to Roadhouse Latitude 22. The hidden fisherman's diner/cantina. Unbelievable pictures of local big game fishing. Hidden location near costco

How far is it from the pier to Costco? How much does a taxi cost if anyone has done it. We are cruising in January with a yr. old and may need to get diapers. Anyplace else you may know of closer, Wal Mart etc. Thanks, Zandra

I'm a Costco fan and while in Cabo on a cruise, went to the Costco there. It was ~$15 there, though there are not a lot of taxi's hanging out there, so if you go see if you driver is willing to wait, or meet you back at a certain time.

The Costco in Cabo had the look/feel of those in the US, though they had a huge alcohol section with some great prices on Kirkland brand tequila, rum, etc. And, the bottles were typical Costco size - huge.

And, yes, they even had the traditional food court with a few local additions!

Like others said - there are lots of other places to stock up which would be more convenient. Still, if you need a Costco brand or have withdrawls, it's good to know you can get your fix in Cabo if you need to.

Archived