Snorkel excursion in Grand Caymon, MBJ Jamacia or Labadee Haiti

BRSFan51

DH and I will be cruising on board the Liberty of the Seas for her Western Caribbean cruise at the end of the month and we are interested in doing a snorkeling excursion. We have already booked the ruins excursion in Cuzamel and now we want to book a snorkel trip.

We have nothing yet planned for Labadee, Grand Cayman or Montego Bay. Which port has the best snorkel excursion?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

DH and I will be cruising on board the Liberty of the Seas for her Western Caribbean cruise at the end of the month and we are interested in doing a snorkeling excursion. We have already booked the ruins excursion in Cuzamel and now we want to book a snorkel trip.

We have nothing yet planned for Labadee, Grand Cayman or Montego Bay. Which port has the best snorkel excursion?

I would choose Grand Cayman. You can take the stingray tour and they give you time to snorkel before the time you spend with the stingrays at least that's the way it was a few years ago. Labadee, the snorkeling is not that great. In MoBay I really don't know. I snorkeled in Negril only in Jamaica and it was great there. Good luck. I will be on this itinerary next year on the Freedom but we go to Ocho Rios instead of MoBay.

too bad you already have something booked for that port, but it was some of the most beautiful water I've ever seen. Crystal clear and tons of beautiful fish. We even got to see a live seahorse family! I never knew they were so TINY!

Hands down, GC! We booked a tour with Mobey Dick. It included to dive spots and of course the stingrays. At one of the spots the captain of our boat brought a nursing shark very close to the boat while we were in the water. Pretty amazing. Would highly recommended.

Absolutely, definitely Grand Cayman. We went with Captain Marvin's and it was fabulous - two snorkeling stops and the stingrays, and way less crowded than a ship's excursion. We could see all the ships' excursions gathered in one spot to see the stingrays while we (about ten of us) were all alone with them about two hundred feet away.

We also did Capt. Marvin's last year on GC. We did the combo island tour and snorkel. LOVED IT! Definitely would recommend the trip. The stingrays came right up to us. We also made a stop at a reef where we saw lots of fish, shrimps, and even a turtle. Our island guide was fantastic. She took us to see hell, 7-mile beach, rum cake factory, and (our favorite) the turtle farm. We even got to hold a sea turtle.

hop on the internet. Google Captain Marvin's. They offer a wonderful day that includes several reefs plus Sting Ray City. Price will be way below the ship's price. Easy to find them too. Get off the ship turn left two blocks bingo you are in front of therir storefront where you meet and are picked up.

New boats, NO large crowds, like the ship tours. Captain Marvin is actually the guy who started the whole Sting Ray city things years ago.

This one cannot be missed!!!

Archived