Pacific Sun - questions about additional costs

cruising kirby

Hi,

I'll be cruising on the Pacific Sun in a few months time and have a few questions - hope someone out there can help!

Can you take a bottle of champagne on board, and can you buy any wine in port to take on board?

What is the cost of beer and wine on board? Are they Aussie labels?

What are the spa services like and what are the approx costs for a massage?

How many formal nights on a 7 night cruise? Is a suit required for the guys?

Is the "adults only" area worthwhile (what services are available) and to you pay extra to use that area of the ship?

Thanks!

Sue

Hi

No you can't take any alachol on board. You cannot buy any ashore. It will be confiscated and put in store till the last night of the cruise. Any duty free you buy in Vila will be sent to the ship from the shop and again you will get it on the last night. I think most wines are Aussie. The white we had was $22 and bottle and the red I think $24. We bought bottles instead by the glass and kept it in the cabin. You are really not supposed to take it to the cabin but nobody stopped us and our cabin steward provided ice twice a day. Glasses of wine were about $6. My husband drand 4x and I think it was about $4.95. I think most beers were about that except speciality beers like corana and crown which were about $6. We didn't use the spa. We had two formal nights. The second night and the second last night. We didn't think the adults only area was worth $10 each for half a day. You get a bottle of water and use of the spa which wasn't working on our cruise. They also reserve you a lounger. One hint - put a hat in your carry on bag as it is very hot on sail away.

Have a great cruise. If I can help with any more questions don't hesitate to ask. You will be addicted now.

Hope this helps.

Hi Sue,

No you can't take alcohol on board (if you pack cans in your case you can then! as they maybe coke),

You can buy it duty free in Vila and if you do that buy 2pm the shop ship it back to the ship and you will get in the day before you dock.

Wine $6-7, beer $5, Caronas $6, Champers $5-6ishes.

We looked at the Spa but very expensive. You do get daily specials and sometimes not too bad (foot massages, facial massages but not a cheap body massage)

2 formal nights on your 7 night cruise. The 2nd night and the 2nd last night. Guys tend to wear trousers with nice shirt but you can also wear a suit. Some guys do and they come up very nicely. The younger guys are a surprise.

The adult area seems ok. Our weather was crap for most of it so we didn't get to use it. For $10 for half a day You get endless icecream, complimentary bottle of water, towel, hot and non alcoholic drinks, and mags.

Kerri

It is also worth knowing that if you buy a bottle of wine at dinner you don't have to drink it all. Your waiter will label it and bring it out each night until it is gone. On a table of 8 they never got our bottles mixed up.

Archived