Royal-Jewell-Portside or Starboard?

Travel To Be Free

We are looking at a Panama cruise from Miami roundtrip. The ports are Aruba, Columbia, Panama Canal - stop there, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman. What is the best side for cruising? My mother will not be able to get off the ship at Grand Cayman as in a wheelchair--does the ship face a certain direction while anchored that day? It would be nice to be on the side facing the island so she can at least see. If anyone has any info on this --- would greatly appreciate the input.

As far as cruising goes on this cruise I really don't think there is a better side of the ship in this case. I think the biggest determining factor would be the location of your cabin in relation to elevators. Closer to the elevators I would think would be more convenient for your mother. For the Caymans, the last time I was there the ship's bow faced the island all day, you could see some of the island from either side of the ship. This could change depending on the amount of ships there as well as which way the wind is blowing. It may be better to hold the ship in another position relative to the island due to conditions that day. In short I don't think you could plan on anything with enough certainty.

Archived