Royal suite voyager class 1620

Lushpuppy

Has anyone stayed in 1620, the Royal Suite on Explorer?

Would love to see pics etc.

What were your perks?

I know there are no Butlers on RCI, but is there a special room service for 1620?

I read that the bar comes fully stocked free..is this correct?

How was dinner/breakfast service in the suite?

Is it correct the shower is also a steam room?

Any info at all would be wonderful!!

THANK YOU

Sorry, haven't stayed in the RS on this or any other ship. However we have friends who have stayed in the RS on other ships. To answer some of your questions:

No Butlers or 'special' room service. Have never heard any complaints about Room Service from them be it for a meal, snack, etc.

The bar is no longer stocked for any cabin on any RCI ship.

Steam showers do exist in the RS of at least 'some' ships. Can not answer if the Explorer RS has this feature.

Bruce

Booked this suite on Voyager in July 2004. Beautiful suite. Shower did have steam function. Bathroom included Bidet, glass bowl sinks, whirlpool bath in addition to shower. Balcony has additional hot tub....bubbler wasn't working for our week and we ended up getting credit for a later cruise. Our bar WAS stocked, however, RCI has since discontinued this perk. 2 plasma screen TV's, the one in the living room with DVD functon and surround stereo. No butler service. I never found an additional preparation room although some locked doors in suite may function as same if needed???? I just don't know. Room service was available. Baby Grande Piano comes with discs for auto play if desired. We has our friends to the room for entertaining daily. If you are D+ at time of sailing, you may get invited to sit at the Captain's table for dinner one night.

Enjoy the suite!!!:)

didn't know you could order a liquor package - I've only seen wine. Is this for suite guests only?

Oops you could be right! We do on celebrity just assumed u could also do this on rci. Will go check if not take it room service will supply bottles on board?

Oops you could be right! We do on celebrity just assumed u could also do this on rci. Will go check if not take it room service will supply bottles on board?

Sorry, but this is no longer an option on any RCI ship. You can get bottles of wine delivered, but no liqueur bottles can be purchased/ordered for in cabin consumption. Individual drinks can be ordered from room service. If you take this option, recommend ordering the drinks w/out ice and adding ice once received (won't come watered down this way).

Bruce

RCI does not allow you to pre-purchase bottles of liquor, nor can you buy a bottle for your cabin, even in the Royal Suite (you may be able to host a party, but the price per person is very expensive from what I've been told). The only practical way to do it is to smuggle your own.

OH MY GOD! Thats awful! I dont smuggle booze but am shocked you cannot buy whole bottles at bar prices for the room! So when my guests my mil for example is there i have to phone room service for a whisky? Whats the point in having a wet bar? Insane? Celebrity do and also fill mini bar with miniatures. Can you not even buy miniatures then? If so can see we will be doing the smuggling like everyone else. Its not the cost its the point of social hospitality.

Archived