Onboard QE2 for a Final Salute From QM2 At Sea

stowaway2k

During the closing moments of her career as a transatlantic liner, in the late afternoon on the final day of her last transatlantic crossing, RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 meets for a final time at sea with RMS Queen Mary 2. The QM2 comes in close to pay tribute with a whistle salute between the two liners, and we hear "Three Cheers" from the passengers on QM2.

During the closing moments of her career as a transatlantic liner, in the late afternoon on the final day of her last transatlantic crossing, RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 meets for a final time at sea with RMS Queen Mary 2. The QM2 comes in close to pay tribute with a whistle salute between the two liners, and we hear "Three Cheers" from the passengers on QM2.

Kyle...that was wonderful. I felt like I was right back there cheering my lungs out on the 3 cheers and clapping til I felt the skin would come off my cold hands! I was so hoping you all would hear us over there. I doubt I'll ever forget those last moments together, watching QE2 slip away from us forever it seemed.It seemd so symbolic to me that she slid slowly backwards as if in time to where she would now belong. There were a lot of tears all around me, my own included.

I have some great shots up close of QE2 from that last good by....Very good ones of people, not recognizable, but you could see yourself where you knew you were I"m sure. It looked like you were forward of the little red lifeboat and I've got some good close ups of the people there. Plus some excellent shots of her at sea that day and others. I'll be happy to share them with you if you'd like. Email me at....

patwell_2 at yahoo dot com and I'll send them along to you.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

• 2 weeks later...

Archived