Jade - Aft BA vs. AF

CruisinEurope

Hello!

We are looking at the Jade ... and know that we want an aft cabin (one on the very back end of the ship).

Question -

I know that the BAs on deck 10 have the H U G E balcony due to them being next to the suites.

Do the AFs on deck 11 have the same deep balcony? Or are all minis roughly the same regardless of where they are on the ship?

Thanks!

Not sure if the aft AF balconies are bigger than the rest or not.

If both were available in the aft locations I think I would go for the BA, unless the AF was only a little more/same/less.

I don't like the tub and for 2 the extra space is marginal value.

The BAs stick out a bit more and is a little bit wider than the AFs. We are booked in the AF 11154 in a tad over 2 weeks and would have grabbed a BA over the AF if that was available.

THANK YOU!!! Now that is what I was looking for. I guess maybe I should have phrased my question better maybe??

It's between

11154 (the AF on the aft)

and

10168 (the BA on the aft between 2 suites)

There will be 4 of us though... 2 adults & 2 kiddos (5, 7). So the extra room in the cabin IS tempting... but I think that I want a bigger balcony to lounge around on while the kids are @ kids club

In that case I would go with the BA for sure. However if the it's one of the BAs on deck 9 or 8 then I would stick with the AF, seems like the BAs on deck 9 and 8 have a much shallower balcony than the ones on deck 10.

THANK YOU!!! Now that is what I was looking for. I guess maybe I should have phrased my question better maybe??

It's between

11154 (the AF on the aft)

and

10168 (the BA on the aft between 2 suites)

There will be 4 of us though... 2 adults & 2 kiddos (5, 7). So the extra room in the cabin IS tempting... but I think that I want a bigger balcony to lounge around on while the kids are @ kids club

We are booked in 10168 for our July sailing on the Jade. The price difference between this and the AF wasn't worth it for us. Now, if we happen to get an upsell...that's a whole different story! Last summer we had a BA booked and got an upsell to a penthouse - very suite!!!

Only the BA staterooms on deck 10 have the bigger balconies. [And the only stern suites with deeper balconies are the AD suites on deck 10.] The advantage of an AF, in addition to the added space, is the room-darkening curtain that separates the bed from the sitting area. Very nice if one person is an early riser and the other sleeps in.

are you allowed to say how much it was pp?

I'm not sure if you're asking me and if you're asking about the upsell or the price difference between the BA and the AF but I'll answer just in case!:p

Our upsell was $1100 total (2 of us) to go from the BA to a AB and it was well worth every penny, especially on the 10 day Baltics cruise. It made that cruise very special and we enjoyed the %$*# out of that cabin!! The price difference on our Jade cruise next summer between the BA and the AF when we booked was about $600 total. After reading comments on the differences between cabins we didn't feel it was worth it. If I could go up to a wonderful penthouse I would definitely be willing to put out a little more! I keep watching for price drops to see if anything opens up that might be worth a move up.

Archived