HAL 6 Night Beijing, Xian & Hong Kong

edpacecar

Looking for someone who has taken this 6 night tour with HAL. 6 Night Beijing, Xian & Hong Kong.

Interested in knowing how much free time, so I can plan what to do. Since air travel with in China will be on Chinese airline have heard only allowed one piece of luggage. Since we will be on a 32 night (Volendam 09/24/09) cruise then land tour not sure if one piece each will do. Seems some dinners are included at shows but what about other meals?

Just looking to make the most of the tour, any info will help.

Thanks

Looking for someone who has taken this 6 night tour with HAL. 6 Night Beijing, Xian & Hong Kong.

Interested in knowing how much free time, so I can plan what to do. Since air travel with in China will be on Chinese airline have heard only allowed one piece of luggage. Since we will be on a 32 night (Volendam 09/24/09) cruise then land tour not sure if one piece each will do. Seems some dinners are included at shows but what about other meals?

Just looking to make the most of the tour, any info will help.

Thanks

I haven't taken the specific tour you refer to, but since you spend two days in Beijing on the cruise and the cruise ends in Hong Kong, I think you are overdoing the area. JMHO

If it was my trip-see the Great Wall, the Hutongs, Tianneman Square, all the touristy stuff while you are there during the cruise. Same thing when you disembark Hong Kong-spend a couple days doing what you want in Hong Kong.

Forget the organized cruise line tour-it will truly be duplicates of things you have already seen. Lots of tour guides available in China. Hotels and transport VERY easy to arrange from the USA. After you have spent a couple of days in Hong Kong.

THEN

Fly to Xian to see the Warriors-you can easily leave you extra suitcases at a Hong Kong hotel.

Additionally, I would encourage you to fly to Chengdu to see the Pandas. Both in the wild and in the breeding center. This is truly a once in a lifetime experience that YOU MAY NEVER SEE AGAIN. The Great Wall has been there for 1000's of years, as has the Palaces and the Warriors. But the Panda's are close to extinction.

And if you have any interest at all, Chengdu-gateway to the Panda's is also gateway to Llhasa (and Mt Everest).

VERY easy to arrange all of this yourself. I will be glad to help. Don't spend money to duplicate what you have already seen. Remember, your tour is at the END of your cruise (and you have already seen Beijing and Hong Kong). The same tour will also be at the BEGINNING of another person's cruise.

Book the stuff yourself or find a VERY good travel agent to produce a tour SPECIFICALLY for you.

Archived