Yes, there was music!

IWORK2CRUISE

We were on the Pearl on the 11/09 voyage and were thrilled with the amount of music (bands) that they had at the pool each day!

For us this is a major part of our cruise experience.

When on the Sun in September we did an 18 day B2B repositioning from an Alaskan itinerary to the Mexican Riviera.

We understood that there was not much outdoor music in Alaska but each afternoon there was a band in the Observation lounge. We were completely disappointed that on the Mexican portion it was barely there. We had 5 sea days on that part of the voyage and on 2 of them there was ONE HOUR of music at the pool.

Rumor has it that NCL is doing away with the bands at poolside and this really gives us cause for thought.

I thanked one of the band leaders on the Pearl for being such a great group and always present. He was surprised to hear that we had such limited music on our Sun cruise and mentioned that there were plenty of bands looking for work.

Please everyone, mention that you want the music to go on!

Well I have to sadly say that after hearing a band called "Flex" on the Dawn recently if they decide to use a DJ I would not be disappointed. Those guys were bad.

Sound Bytes have potential if they stick to disco.

Entertainment on the Dawn was lacking energy compared to a year ago in my opinion.

Cheers,

Norman

Archived