Future Cruise Credit

Northernmiss

Hello, I am feeling a little foolish now but my husband and I paid our $100.00 each for a future cruise while onboard the Ryndam to the Mexican Riviera from Vancouver in early October. It was near the end of our cruise and we did not get a receipt or anything from the cruise consultant. The charges have appeared on our credit card. Is this normal or should we have some proof (other than our credit card statement) that we paid. I was expecting something in the mail but have received nothing to date.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

So far we have only put down the $100 pp deposit on board once, early in a cruise, and received both a receipt and a letter confirming the deposit delivered to our cabin. It was for an unspecified future cruise.

When we later decided to use that deposit, we called our TA and made all the arrangements over the phone, so he never saw the receipt or the letter - but was able to confirm from HAL that we did indeed have such a deposit in place.

I suggest that you contact HAL and/or have your TA contact HAL to confirm the deposit, referencing the transaction number that shows on your credit card bill.

KAKCruiser and Donh1 are correct. We always receive a receipt/letter from the onboard consultant, with a reference number on it.

But ... Every time we go to book a cruise and mention the Future Cruise Deposit, the HAL res agent says "I have it, hooked to your Mariner number". We haven't had to produce the official receipt at any time.

To ease your mind, you might contact HAL's Mariner Dept and ask them to verify that you have the Future Cruise Deposit shown on your Mariner account...

On my last cruise, my friend and I booked a specific cruise with the consultant pretty early on in the cruise and within a day received all the paperwork in our mailbox outside our respective cabins.

With two days remaining in our cruise, I purchased future cruise credits for my sister and BIL and at the time, the consultant told me there was a good chance that I wouldn't receive any paperwork for it. She assured me that it would be on record with HAL and all our TA would have to do is contact HAL to make use of it. Once I arrived home, my TA double checked and sure enough, it was there.

Do I understand correctly that, in order to take advantage of the minimal deposit and onboard credit, you can book "a future cruise" while onboard, without actually selecting a "specific" cruise?

If so, this is big news I wish I had known previously. I thought you had to pick a cruise, and either stick with it or go through the hassle of changing the booking before final payment.

Two@Sea you can definately purchase a futrue cruise deposit without selecting a specific cruise. I did this in May on the Zaandam. Your deposit can then be applied when booking through either HAL directly or through your own TA. You have four years in which to use the deposit.

Rochelle

Do I understand correctly that, in order to take advantage of the minimal deposit and onboard credit, you can book "a future cruise" while onboard, without actually selecting a "specific" cruise?

If so, this is big news I wish I had known previously. I thought you had to pick a cruise, and either stick with it or go through the hassle of changing the booking before final payment.

The $100 onboard deposit may be applied to a specific cruise booked while onboard ... or you may make that same minimal deposit toward a to-be-determined sailing. The OBC will be the same, based on cabin category and length of sailing, regardless of which option you exercise. The deposit is good for 4 years and, if not used, it goes poof into HAL's revenue.

In my letter of confirmation/receipt from the FCC onboard it states what the onboard credits will be.

LENGTH OF VOAYAGE INSIDE OUTSIDE VERANDAH SUITE

VA/A-VF/BC PS-S/SY

7-11 Days $25pp $25pp $35pp $50pp

12+ Days $50pp $50pp $75pp $100pp

This is the information on mine, not sure if others have something different, but I would think this would be fairly standard.

Rochelle

Therefore, on a TBD deposit, the amount of the OBC will also be TBD until a specific cruise is set.

I guess I didn't word it very well ... when a specific cruise is selected, the OBC specified on one's future cruise deposit confirmation would apply, based on cabin category and length of sailing.

Well that wasn't nice of cruisecritic to re-arrange my carefully places columns!!

So I will try this way;

CRUISES 7-11 DAYS

Inside-----------------------$25pp

Outside----------------------$50pp

Verandah (VA/A-VF/BC)------$35pp

Suite (PS_S/SY)-------------$50pp

CRUISES 12+ DAYS

Inside-----------------------$50pp

Outside----------------------$50pp

Verandah--------------------$75pp

Suite------------------------$100pp

Hope this time you can it is easier to read...

Rochelle

All the information is very clear, and well explained. I understand that OBC would pertain to the cruise specifics, and I wouldn't expect it to be otherwise. I would LIKE it to be otherwise, but... :)

What a wealth of helpful information is shared here! Thanks again!

Archived