LUGGAGE STORAGE on SOLSTICE?

BurgerBits

We have always purchased 'nesting' luggage (nests open as well as closed), and just slid the li'l buggers under the bed when cruising. This has worked well on every cruise line we've sailed.

Given that bags for cruising are generally large (one word: shoes :rolleyes:), I'm concerned about being able to tuck them away on Solstice. Hearing that there are wire baskets under the beds that hold the life jackets makes me wonder where one stores the suitcases. Are the wire baskets removeable?

Anyone who's been there/done that have info or tips? Grateful for your insight!!

The wire baskets are removable. I didn't try, but I wonder if the basket would fit in the overhead storage bin. If not, I'd just put it in the closet empty and stick my shoes in it.. and store the lifejackets in the overhead.

Hearing that there are wire baskets under the beds that hold the life jackets makes me wonder where one stores the suitcases. Are the wire baskets removeable?

Someone posted a picture showing the basket and it was indeed removable. Someone has suggested that this basket can be stored in the top shelf in the closet. The shelf over the bed could be used but I believe the pillows are stored there.

THANKS for the prompt responses...!

Has anyone actually tucked their luggage under their bed as yet? Great to know that the baskets can be removed and stowed in the closet.

I'm trying to decide if I can get away with my larger luggage pieces or just pack light for the week... tough to do with 2 formal nights.

We just returned from the Solstice. The baskets under the bed do not take up all of the space under the bed. The beds are higher than on other Celebrity ships and have fewer obstructions under them. Even with the baskets under the bed we still have the space under one entire bed and a portion of the other available.

The baskets would not fit on the shelf in the closet or in the storage over the bed. I think that the life vests would however fit on the closet shelf thus leaving the baskets empty. It appeared that they are stackable so that would free up some space as well and you could put items in the baskets.

Archived