Aqua Boats

bonzijam

Did anyone ever take the Aqua Boat excursion? Are they difficult to handle? What is the excursion like? Is it worth it? And, how difficult is it to get back in them from the water? Thanks.

DW and I did this in October of this year. They are not particularly difficult, for maneuvering, however, our boat had a very heavy throttle handle, and if you did not lean way forward, when trying to make headway, you would just flounder doing 3-4 MPH. We paid $179 for the tour, and frankly did not feel that it was a comparable experience to the same tour we did in Grand Cayman. The saving grace of the tour, was that it started and ended at Jack's Shack, and Jack's wife makes an awesome rum punch!! :D

We did the Aqua Boat excursion a few weeks ago. The aqua boats themselves are pretty easy to handle. Somewhat like a jet ski to drive, but without the power and more stable. The excursion leaves from Jack's Shack and it was very nice. The snorkeling was pretty decent. We basically drove the boats down to an area, tied up, snorkeled, got back in the boats, went further down to a beach area, hung out of a bit and then drove the boats back. The boats have ladders to help get back in once you are done snorkeling. They did bus us from the cruise port to the start of the tour. We did walk back since it is a short walk and really nice. Tour operators were not pushy with tips or anything which was nice as well. Had a beer at Jack's Shack as well. Nice place. I would recommend it,

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just did it at the end of January. It was very very fun. You get your life jackets on and get on this mix of boat and jet ski, and off we went. We went fast!

We tied the "boats" together and snorkeled over by the shelf where the ocean bottom drops off to several thousand feet. It was like nothing I had ever seen.

Then we climbed the ladders into the boat again and wen to a beach for a short break. Then back again. I would highly recommend it.

Yes, it ends at Jack's shack where you can get beer. None of us wanted it since we could have it on the ship, we were on the Regent Mariner.

• 3 weeks later...

Greta, question please

When you depart jacks on the aqua boat do they tell you how or where the shelf is? Also is there a decent reef there as well? I'm a newbie to GT so appreciate all info. also how early can you depart on this excursion, we are only in from 7-2:30 so want to get started ealry to have some time at Margaritaville :)

Thanks

Archived