Has anyone seen Joel Mason onboard recently?

Desdemona01

We had tickets to see Joel perform (with a Billy-Joel tribute performer) at a local venue on the 15th. We were really looking forward to it--we found out when the show started that unfortunately he canceled and a very inferior EJ tribute performer replaced him. Needless to say, we were disappointed! So, we were wondering if perhaps Joel is back on another HAL ship or just having some family time at home. Hopefully we'll run across him on a future HAL cruise...

Spoke to Joel as we were leaving on the 15th and he said he was only scheduled to be on board about 3 more weeks. Didnt ask were he was performing next, sorry. He is and outstanding performer and we would enjoy to see his show again.

We had tickets to see Joel perform (with a Billy-Joel tribute performer) at a local venue on the 15th. We were really looking forward to it--we found out when the show started that unfortunately he canceled and a very inferior EJ tribute performer replaced him. Needless to say, we were disappointed! ...

I think you meant Elton John tribute? And yes, Joel is SO SO VERY TALENTED!! I believe he will be on Westerdam in December although perhaps not the entire month. If you get to see him together with Julie Barr, well, it's worth the whole price of your cruise! :D

Moriah

We saw Joel on the Westerdam in April. Saying he is a wonderful entertainer is an understatement. He was a big factor in making our trip so enjoyable. We were on the Veendam last week (11/16 - 11/23) and the entertainment was very average. Joel's schedule will be checked before I book my next cruise. That may sound crazy to some, but not to those who have seen him.

MORIAH,

Good point, Julie Barr is also great! She and Joel are often on the same ship.

Yes, and I'm pretty sure she told me Joel would be with her on the Westerdam first two weeks of December. I know for sure that she will be on board until the 14th. I hope for you all going on the W that they are both there - together, as I said, they are worth the price of your cruise fare!

Julie is the one with the gorgeous hair.. I'm the short one...;)Moriah

DSCN0183.jpg.144b9c6668bf16ff0a4a4a105c048f2c.jpg

1522640368_CRUISE.2007171.jpg.5991e4707237576d5df198dba5f077aa.jpg

I think you meant Elton John tribute? And yes, Joel is SO SO VERY TALENTED!! I believe he will be on Westerdam in December although perhaps not the entire month. If you get to see him together with Julie Barr, well, it's worth the whole price of your cruise! :D

Moriah

OH!!! I soooo hope he is going to be on the Westerdam in December! I really love his show!

Joel is on the Oosterdam until December 20 (except for the week of Dec 6 when he is coming to see his Momager). He'll be on the Eurodam the first two weeks of January on a charter, don't know beyond that, but will post it when I do!

Could you ask him to just skip on over to the Westerdam for the 14th through the 21st?:D It's my friends 50th birthday and she would LOVE him!!! I think he is amazing!

Enjoy your time with him!

We saw Joel Mason & Julie Barr last year on the Westerdam! 2 of the best shows we've ever seen at sea! No wonder you are asking...even our toddler grand daughters got a big kick out of Joel Mason. They made their parents look him up on You Tube and watch him all the time!

Moriah

No, I said what I meant if you read my question. If you check Joel's website he's been performing in a "Face to Face" tour with a Billy Joel tribute performer (Elton and Billy actually toured together a few years ago). It looks wonderful and we were excited when we saw the ad for it at a local venue, with Joel listed as the EJ performer. My husband bought the tickets for my birthday. When we arrived at the show Joel's picture and name were on the poster outside but he definitely was not the sorry replacement that we saw. I'm sure the others in the audience were satisfied with the *other* EJ performer if they had never experienced Joel's performances, but he didn't have a fraction of Joel's talent. We had a brief moment to speak to the Billy Joel artist afterward and told him of our disappointment in not seeing Joel Mason--he was clearly surprised that we knew of Joel and we explained that we were big fans and had seen his shows on cruises.

And, yes, we've seen Julie and Joel on cruises and agree that they are wonderful. They are also truly nice people when you see them around the ship.

Archived