Azura Information

tom_uk

I have just been looking at the brochure [ post arrives in the afternoon ] nothing leaps out at me as regards destinations. I would have thought most of the regular cruise travelers would have done most of the ports countless times already. I have not done the Venice/Dubrovnik is it always the case of 8 sea days from Southampton. The Carribean Cruise also looks a bland list of islands with the usual choice, I supose with the new ships so big they are limited where they can stop.

The 16 day thing looks great, but the price doesn't!

Best thing would be if nobody booked - then they'd come down. Statement of the obvious I suppose.

Scotland are getting hammered by the bloody English; got to do something to take my mind off it............

Good idea!

I hate the way we are made to panic into booking every year, now we are expected to book a cruise on a ship that hasn't been built, and when i look at the dates...so far away upto March 2011 for gawds' sake...Who knows what finanical positon we will ALL be in then? Even 'rich' people might loose money on investments and savings, and the rest of us, our jobs, low interest on savings and pensions...its a worry..:(

But do Cruises ever get totally booked up 18 months in advance especially has you say in these economic times. The power his with the consumer to drive down a good deal, it shouldn't be any different to any other purchase. Its brainwashing to make us believe were missing out on something, when in fact there is more choice than ever with regards to Cruise holidays.

I am interested in the September 28th cruise, with my shift pattern I will only have to use 9 days holiday and that will give me 1 day holiday before the cruise and 3 days after. My question is it says that booking is available on 30th March will I have to book it then to get an inside single cabin? how much deposit do they ask for?

I have a colleague at work who was all excited and about to book his trip, on Azura and, as it was a special anniversary they thought that the'd book a Superior Deluxe Baclony stateroom with bath/ shower (grade CA,CB,CC).

After telling them that the balconies are 'raked back' (not directly above each other)(On Ventura - same ship) he was a bit dissapointed with the prospect that people on Aqua, Riviera deck & Lido, deck can look down & get a FULL view of everyone sat on their balconies below - like looking at animals in a zoo!

From B deck downwards the side of the ship is Flat & in line so can not be overlooked , so this is not the case on lower decks.

It is just the higher decks that step in, - not a problem for most people but something to bear in mind if you want privacy on your balcony!!!!:p

If, on the other hand you go right to the top (so that you are looking down on people rather than being looked down on) you may get some noise from sun beds etc, being moved - depending on location etc!

Something to think about before booking!!!!

I think the main concern is the cost of Azura holidays, the rest are side issues. If you don't want to be overlooked or interact with other passengers then you don't go on Cruise holidays.

agreed, but imagine how peed off you would be if you spent out all that money to get a better grade cabin hoping to enjoy that private moment on your balcony, only to look up & see some green eyed monster watching your every move!!

agreed, but imagine how peed off you would be if you spent out all that money to get a better grade cabin hoping to enjoy that private moment on your balcony, only to look up & see some green eyed monster watching your every move!!

DAVE

This is a photo you could email your friend. A view from a A deck balcony which is not overlooked down on c ? and D which are overlooked totally.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245865758321365202

Ventura Sept 2008

I will NEVER book early EVER again!!

The guaranteed inside cabin (with OBC fair enough)on Oceana next month is now on offer with same TA - EXCEPT - it's a balcony for £799 !!! I now have a C deck inside as an upgrade!!! Bah!!! I paid £300 more for it.

My TA gets the benefit of holding the cash for x number of months.

Hold onto your cash and book a month before is my new motto! (not that there's any interest on the cash though! -Just the principle!)

DAVE

This is a photo you could email your friend. A view from a A deck balcony which is not overlooked down on c ? and D which are overlooked totally.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245865758321365202

Ventura Sept 2008

thanks for that, i had a photo from the stern looking forwards but your one shows exactly how the baclonies are laid out.:)

The D deck balconies are open to the skies and overlooked. The C deck balconies are twice the depth, with half open to the skies and the other half under the B deck balconies above. B and A deck balconies are completely covered by the ones above.

We have booked C deck for Christmas and New Year on Ventura, so we shall have a balcony twice the size of the others, half open and half covered so we get the best of both.

Carol x

just been studying the brochure again and just noticed that althogh Azura is Ventura's sister they have not decided to put the skydome over the swimmimg pool, which, considering it is spending half the year going from Southampton, is probably not that great an idea!

having said that, on the basis we have had naff summers for the last couple of years we MUST be due a good one soon (are'nt we?)!!!!!:p

just been studying the brochure again and just noticed that althogh Azura is Ventura's sister they have not decided to put the skydome over the swimmimg pool, which, considering it is spending half the year going from Southampton, is probably not that great an idea!

having said that, on the basis we have had naff summers for the last couple of years we MUST be due a good one soon (are'nt we?)!!!!!:p

I think this is because the roof retraction system would obstruct/demolish the movie screen.

Archived