Balcony privacy question

Postman1963

Well depends on when you are doing this romancing and where on the ship you are located. those side panels are translucent not opaque. and people do peek around them and some locations people above can see onto your balcony.

My wife and I are planning on a very romantic cruise on the Star in January. We are hoping to take our romance onto the balcony on several occasions. Will we have privacy or should we be more discreet in our romancing?

well i do agree with the others, but if you must ,..put a blanket over yourselves just in case;):p

Yes you can easily see from balcony to balcony. The walls do not go to the edges and there is an opening. It could be done, but what about the noise level????? I would think it would be hilarious if I heard my neighbors on the balcony, but would be appalled if my kids heard and wanted to know what was going on. Have fun and romance is very good!

Maybe I am just... or maybe a romantic, or ....

People can not see TOTALLY into the next balcony, unless they lean way out and look back into yours. You have to LEAN out to see more than someone leaning over the rail. And assuming you are smart enough to NOT use the rail for any activities, you will be just fine.

Once you are onboard, you will understand and can ignore anyone that says otherwise.

More power to you!

Another thing to remember are the many, many video surveillance cameras all over the place - including outside the ship looking forward, aft and into certain balcony areas.

But, hey, if it doesn't bother you....................:D:D

I've actually been entertained a few times by neighbors who truly believe they are in a world all their own......as have those on the balcony above and below them.................:D

Haha I say go for it! If people really want to crane their necks and risk falling overboard to look around the wall.. then more power to them. My boyfriend and I are going on our first cruise, a balcony, and our 3 year anniversary, so I'm thinking the same thing you are. So I say go for it! :D

I do want to add that I wouldn't recommend partaking in your activities on the rail... that wouldn't be a very "happy" ending...

Edited by sweethrt7985

Ok.. first of all.. Gross..

Second of all.. I can't help but think anyone who needs or wants to do that on their balcony hopes people can see.

LOL Terry! I gotta kind of agree with you there. However, there's a thrill factor involved that doesn't necessarily include the desire for voyeurism. JMHO :)

I can hear Bob Eubanks now.. "What's the most unusual place you've ever made whoopee?":eek:

LOL Terry! I gotta kind of agree with you there. However, there's a thrill factor involved that doesn't necessarily include the desire for voyeurism. JMHO :)

I can hear Bob Eubanks now.. "What's the most unusual place you've ever made whoopee?" :eek:

That's a quetion that comes up on the "Newlywed Not So Newlywed" game that they do on every ship.

We were at one when the answer was "On the balcony of a cruise ship." The CD who was hosting the event then reminded the gal that she had said this was thier first cruise.:rolleyes:

Charlie

That's a quetion that comes up on the "Newlywed Not So Newlywed" game that they do on every ship.

We were at one when the answer was "On the balcony of a cruise ship." The CD who was hosting the event then reminded the gal that she had said this was thier first cruise.:rolleyes:

Charlie

LOL Charlie! BUSTED!