Rental car pickup at port?

dwing18

Hello,

Fort Lauderdale - take the free airport shuttle bus from the cruise terminal to the car rental agency center at the airport. I believe that all of the major car rental companies have an office here except Enterprise.

Galveston - I was in Galveston in 2006 and at that time Enterprise was the only car rental company with a portable office at the Galveston cruise terminal. They checked you in and you picked up the car about three or four miles from the terminal at their main Galveston office. They allowed you to drop the car off at Houston Hobby with no drop off charge.

Have not sailed into or out of Miami.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

I want to walk off the ship at the end of my cruise and rent a car.

Do any rental car companies have locations at the ports of galveston, Miami or Ft Lauderdale?

Best info I could find last weekend was that Dollar is the only agency that has a shuttle from Port of Miami but they take you to the Miami airport car rental location. When I checked car rental prices, the airport location was much higher than downtown. Decided to take a taxi to a Thrifty car rental place a couple miles from the port.

Bill

I have rented from Hertz and Avis at the Port of Miami. They all send shuttle buses to the port to pick people up from the ship. And then back to the airport for you to get the car and then after you drop of the car they shuttle you back....

I called Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, etc to ask about shuttles and they ALL told me they did not provide them except for Dollar. Maybe policies have changed or the agent didn't know what they are talking about. I agree, it makes sense that the major companies would offer shuttles to increase their business. Sorry if I posted incorrect information. At any rate, I got a better rental rate (even with the taxi fare), not picking up at the airport.

Bill

Archived