Parking ? for Non Sailing Guests

holstang

Hey Everyone,

I was just pondering this question. Do the non sailing guests have to pay for parking at the port? I feel that I should cover this if it is not complimentary. Any thoughts? I definitely don't want to be tacky. What are you planning on doing for your non sailing guests if they don't provide free parking?

Thanks girls!

My guests were told to park in a certain area in the port. My guests told parking people they were attending a wedding and they did not pay once they arrived. They were told to park in designated area. I got married in the port of Baltimore.

Hmm. I was thinking about getting a shuttle to take everyone over to the port from our hotel- We have 41 sailing guests and 17 non-sailing. And then I figured the non-sailing guests would find their own way back to their hotels or wherever they are going.

At the Port of Miami, where we are getting married- I checked on the website and it gives info about the parking situation. It is a flat rate of $7 for the day.

I haven't yet been told about free parking for my guests by my coordinator, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I wasn't planning on covering parking fees- that is a good question to consider.

• 7 months later...

Okay, so now that the wedding is getting closer, I asked my Carnival contact about the parking situation in the Port of Long Beach. Apparently they just raised the fees from $12 to $15 per car, and my guests have to pay for parking regardless if they are sailing or not.

So here's my question- should I pay for parking for my non-sailing guests? I'm having about 50, which means at least 25 cars to pay for, which works out to about $375. JUST FOR PARKING!!

How many brides have paid or pitched in for this? And am I obligated to apy for this? Poop! There goes my budget AGAIN!

Thoughts?? Thanks girls!

We're also concerned about parking in NY, Brooklyn to be exact. I haven't asked but I presume guests will have to pay for their own parking.

We live in Jersey and I'm pricing renting a bus, maybe 2 to take the guests over to NY. Very expensive, but so would be the toll & parking. Is there any nice way to see if guests would be interested and possibly sharing the cost or will it be up to us to pay for this transportation?

Oh my god, I have been researching the same issue since Monday. All of my guests (100)are non-sailing and I dont want them to have to pay to park at the port. I found a hotel that is right next to a parking garage that offers free shuttle service to the port. I am thinking we can spend the night at the hotel(which is good since we have to be at the ship around 10:30am), park at the parking garage, and then catch the shuttle from the parking garage to the port. My only problem is how will the guests get back to the garage to get their cars. I am going to try to contact someone at the garage tomorrow to see if they would be able to come back to the ship before it departs to take the guests back. I am getting married in the port of New Orleans. any help would be appreciated.

I called Norwegian cruise lines and they told me to call the port. I already called the port of New Orleans and they told me that there was no free parking even though it was a wedding and wedding guests would have to pay.

My guests paid for their parking...we had all the non sailing guests car pool with eachother and they spilt the cost between eachother... We had informed everyone of the charge both on our website and in the letter we sent to the guests...

Recently attended a wedding in NYC onboard Carinval Miracle. I was a sailing guest, but about half of the guests did not sail with us. The bride and groom did not pay for parking for any guests. Everyone paid for their own parking or for their transportation to the port. Since we all knew in advance about the parking situation, most everyone carpooled to minimize the number of cars and the cost. I heard no complaints from any of the guests about having to pay for parking.

I can't believe I forgot to include this in my wedding newsletter! Duuuuhhhhhhh, on me! Now I am trying to figue out if we should pay for shuttle service or pay for parking. Carnival emailed me today and said there was no special parking for guest and they had to pay. That blows...

• 2 years later...

Wondering if anyone has any info on parking for non-sailing guests at the Manhattan cruise terminal? I'm guessing it will be expensive -- $30 a day is not unheard of for parking in the city. I really don't feel like I can ask my guests to pay for that....it's like an admission fee to our wedding, and I will feel terrible. BUT if WE pay that's a lot of money. My poor wedding budget spreadsheet total just keeps getting higher and higher!

People are coming from all over the area so I can't count on carpooling.

How have people dealt with this? Find a way to get parking vouchers ahead of time? Just get everyone really nice favors to make up for the parking cost? Just chalk it up to the cost of everything in NYC and don't worry about it?

I'm getting married at Long Beach Port too and I just asked my wedding agent about the parking.

I'm looking into renting a shuttle because all my guests are from out of town and we're all staying at the same hotel (there's only about 25 of us). Only a few of us are sailing, some are heading to the airport after the ceremony and some are going back to the hotel-- I figure that they can catch a cab easily after the wedding.

If anyone is interested, I'll post some information after I call and get some quotes.

I was married this past July on the Glory out of Manhattan. When I found out that non-sailing guests would have to pay $25 I felt horrible. But the more I spoke to people they all said, "that is cheap for ny". So, I let people know there would be a parking fee and encouraged people to ride together. To make myself feel better, (because I knew I didn't want to pay for all their parking), I made sure that I paid for their lido lunch and gave out some nice favors. My husband or I never heard of anyone complaining about the price.

I was married this past July on the Glory out of Manhattan. When I found out that non-sailing guests would have to pay $25 I felt horrible. But the more I spoke to people they all said, "that is cheap for ny". So, I let people know there would be a parking fee and encouraged people to ride together. To make myself feel better, (because I knew I didn't want to pay for all their parking), I made sure that I paid for their lido lunch and gave out some nice favors. My husband or I never heard of anyone complaining about the price.

Thanks for the info Chars! Makes me feel better :)

Did your guests have enough time to eat on the lido deck before the ceremony? I have read some posts saying there's not enough time, but if there IS time then it would be nice for everyone to be able to eat (as long as they leave room for the reception food!!)

I was married on the Caribbean Princess in Brooklyn and my guests had to pay for parking. My husband's family all went on a bus my father-in-law paid for, for the wedding. The rest were in Northern NJ and NY and had an easy time parking, but yes it did cost them a little money.

My guests had plenty of time to eat. The wedding coordinators guided everyone up there as soon as they boarded the ship. I am really glad that I paid for them because, since they were the first ones to board, they all went to the Lido Deck together and got to see each other. There isn't a line so they didn't need a lot of time. Everyone had plenty of time to talk before the wedding. They also raved about the food. To me, is was money well spent.

Okay, so now that the wedding is getting closer, I asked my Carnival contact about the parking situation in the Port of Long Beach. Apparently they just raised the fees from $12 to $15 per car, and my guests have to pay for parking regardless if they are sailing or not.

Thoughts?? Thanks girls!

Long Beach charges by the hour up to the day rate. Do not remember the hourly rates.

Archived