News Papers on NCL

raudacruise

Not talking about getting USAToday but other cruise lines had a 4-8 page brief news from various newspapers/news organizations. Usually you had to go the library to get them but if you were lucky enough to have a butler he would drop them off. You went late and all that was left was German or French.

Any info on what NCL offers would be appreciated. Been watching the boards and haven't seen anything on this.

And if this is the only open question before we sail Sunday on Spirit out of NOLA - who cares :cool:.

Last March, on the Gem, we had an order form in our AE penthouse suite for a couple of different papers. I can't remember if there was a charge? I think there was a choice of daily or 1 day of choice.

I chose New York Times. It was the full version, only printed out by NCL. Our butler delivered it to us.

Sorry I can't be of more help with the cost.

There were a few American papers and choices from other countries. I think it was $3.95 a day on the Dream last year, charged to your account and delivered to your cabin daily.

It's great to get a real newspaper on the ship everyday. It's one of the things I miss when I sail lines other than NCL.

I don't know about the 'condensed' version on NCL since I always get the full paper.

Thanks guys. Hopefully Spirit has the same capability. I'm one of those weird folks that really likes to read a "paper" vs. the internet. And experiences with internet on all cruise lines is that it is very slooooooowwww, especially at 30-50 cents a minute. $3.95 a day is well worth it.

Okay, I'm going to sound REALLY dumb here. But I can't help it, I have to ask.

How do you get REAL newspapers if you are at sea? Please don't anyone say they fly them in on a helicopter. It's a dumb question I know, but I'm not totally stupid! :D

I could see them printing up a paper of their own if you want it, with news they retrieved from the net, but a REAL newspaper?

Okay, I'll be quiet now. :o

CG

Nevermind. I just reread and although it's the real paper, it is printed by NCL. I'm an idiot. LOL

Archived