swimming with the dolphins

L T C

My kids want to swim with the dolphins, my husband and I just want to watch. We are going on AOS 2/6/05. The only way to book this excursion is through RCCL. Does RCCL transport you to the Sea Aquarium? If so would my husband and I be able to ride with the kids? Thanks for any info.

Lisa

Guest Host Tink

Hi LTC,

I'm looking for specific information, how old are your children? It may not be possible for them to swim by themselves without a parent with them. My daughter is 5 and my husband or I had to go with her in the water. If they are old enough for them to go without you in the water, you *should* be able to buy a "companion pass" from the Shore Excursion desk on board. I'll keep looking for info and will let you know!

• 1 month later...

L T C - we'll be on the same cruise as you. Have you signed up for the Meet n Mingle? There hasn't been much activity on our roll call thread lately...

We did the same ship, same itinerary last year in March. LOVED IT, which is why we're doing it again. Being a marine biology person, I loved the Aquarium - it's so much different than any other I'd seen. None of the "encounters" were available at that time as they were under re-construction, but they all sound so interesting.

Just perused their website, and am found they do have dolphin encouters on their own, but only on Thursdays. That doesn't help if we're in Curacao on Tuesday!

Sorry I'm not able to answer your questions... but I think you'll all love this cruise. Hope to see you on our roll call thread!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, RCCL transports you to the Dolphin Swim. My sister and I did the swim this past June. All you do is wait out on the dock right outside the ship (at your assigned time) for the people from the Dolphin Academy to come to find you (they'll have a sign saying who they are). Swim/Encounter and observers can all ride together. It was an awesome experience to swim with the dolphins!! Highly recommended!!

Archived