My questions begin!!!

Gratz

Ok I have started putting things aside as I have a FULL FULL FULL week this week.

I have only packed one set of pants/ long sleeve top for the kids? Surely they wouldn't need this more than once - being december??? Or do you think i should pack a second set to be safe?

I will use this thread to ask many questions that i know will arise in the next 10 days (SINGLE digit's tomorrow!!!!) so I'm thanking you in advance for being patient with me!!!

Hi Grace,

I would only pack one long set for each kid. We travelled in October/November out of Sydney and only wore slacks to travel to and from the ship. We didn't need warm things on the ship because if the weather is bad you will be inside. It will be very warm and humid in December.

Have a great time.

Evon.

I think that I would pack 2 sets because I always like a back up set in case of accidents like kids getting sick or spilling something on themselves. If your kids havent been on boats before they might get seasick or if the weather goes bad, you might want that back up set.

Kids = expect the unexpected!! I packed 2 long sleeve tees and 1 light weight jumper and then some leggings (nice and small to pack) - nothing worse than a spilt drink and the resulting complaining!!

Have fun getting organised!!

Dea

Next question:

someone mentioned to take some pegs for the line over the bath, I'm guessing about 10 pegs would be sufficient???

Next:

If i don't have enough of the Pand O luggage tags does that matteR?

Next question:

someone mentioned to take some pegs for the line over the bath, I'm guessing about 10 pegs would be sufficient???

Next:

If i don't have enough of the Pand O luggage tags does that matteR?

Hi Grace,

You will be able to get some more tags where you drop your bags off. Make sure you have a pen with you. You really only need a tag on the cases that you hand over, not really on hand luggage. I would put all tags on the luggage that you are going to drop off and then get some extra tags for your hand luggage, then you can write on them at your leisure while waiting to embark.

As for pegs, probably 10 would be enough. Depends on how much you want to wash. We washed our undies and costumes and a couple of tops that I hung on coathangers. Another hint ...ask your room steward for more towels and after you have done your little wash wrap your clothes in the towels and put it on the floor in bathroom and stamp on it . It is amazing how much water comes out of your clothes.:D

Hi Grace

Bring swimming goggles for the kids if you are planning on letting them swim in the ship pool/spa. I can't remember if it was the chlorine from the spa or maybe salt water from the islands but one of my boys kept complaining about sore eyes from swimming.

was reading another thread and this reminded me......

We are getting to Wharf 8 to drop off luggage at about 11am, doyou think we would be one of the first to board? so should therefore put off having lunch before hand?

also....when are pools open for swimming on the day we leave? Should I pack the kids swimmers in our hand luggage? or will pools be off limits that day?

Kids were swimming in the pools as we were boarding at Darling Harbour. They are open. :)

There is food in the buffets as you board, on our cruise in October, I remember getting a text from Kaseyoz saying she was on board well before 12 noon and was ready to have lunch in the buffet.

We were still stuck in traffic and didn't get on board until 2.45pm :eek:

I can't remember if it was the chlorine from the spa or maybe salt water from the islands but one of my boys kept complaining about sore eyes from swimming.

That's why I take Murine or somethng similar. Never had to use it but take it just in case. And Aquaear.

Hi Grace!!

Just called by to say:

HAVE A FABULOUS TIME!!!

:):):)

Thought I'd get in early just in case I am not back on the boards in the next couple of days.

I am sure that you and your family (big and little people!!) will have a wonderful holiday - relax & enjoy!!

Dea

:)

do you know what! IT"S finally hit me....letting go of all the CRAP and I"M BACK ON TRACK!!!! excited as all Hell......................

I AM GOING ON A CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!

My 3 year old is dying to get on the boat, but struggling to comprehend the "sleeping on there" bit!! Miss 5 is very excited and will be even happier to find out she might be able to swim straight away!!!!

Mum said that the medical centre only accepts cash? Is that right?

Medical Centre (charges apply)

The on board Medical Centre is staffed by full-time internationally registered and qualified doctors and nurses. In addition to twice-daily consultation hours, medical staff are available 24 hours a day in the event of an emergency. Charges for medical services will be added to your on board account, and you will be provided with an itemised account to submit to your insurance company. On board medical charges are outside the scope of the Australian Medicare system and the New Zealand Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC). Therefore, treatment is charged at private rates, which are posted in the waiting room. We strongly recommend you take out international travel insurance or check with your private health insurer. All charges for consultations, treatments and medication, including those on Australian coastal cruises, cannot be claimed on Australian Medicare or New Zealand ACC. These charges may be able to be claimed independently with your travel insurance provider.

This is on the P&O Site - but maybe Kylie would know more if you email her:rolleyes:

Wow Only 2 days just

HOW EXCITED ARE YOU???

Archived