Aft Cabins on RCI's Freedom-Class

ladylawyer

I've seen the pictures (looking at the back of the ship) but cannot quite tell what the deal is with the aft balconies on the Freedom-class ships. I'm on the Independence and have an aft balcony cabin on Deck 9 (9406). I read something about a "superstructure." :confused: It looks like there are some kind of "ribs" that come out beyond the balcony.

Has anyone stayed in one of these aft balcony cabins? Is your view obstructed by the "superstructure?" We love to sit on the balcony and watch the wake ... is this even possible? If you have pictures from the balcony, looking out, that would be GREAT!!

Help, please!!! Thanks! :D

Hi Jen! Great to *see* you!

Thanks for referring me to Bonnie's album. I wonder how close the Freedom Class afts are to the Voyager Class afts. :confused: I think I'll stay, just because there are 10 sea days on my cruise and I'll have plenty of time to hang about on the balcony.

~ Lorna

Lorna,

Good to "see you" too!:)

These pictures from Bonnie are of the Freedom class.

Actually, I was looking at Bonnie's "Aft Album," and found some from Deck 9 ... but on the Voyager. That's what I meant.

Looking at the picture above, at first I thought that the blue part was water ... however, I now realize that it's a flooring. I seem to remember something like that on the Liberty, when we toured the Presidential Suite. :confused:

I have so many sea days, on this cruise, that I think I'll be happy with a larger balcony. I was just trying to see if the view was so obstructed, by the "superstructure" that we'd lose the view. I don't think that would be the case, but ...

Maybe I'll try the All Things Freedom board. Thanks, again! I hope you're not as foggy as we are. :eek: ~ L

Lorna, from what I understand, the view from the Freedom class is the same as from the Voyager class. So if, when you look through Bonnie Voyager's pictures, you wouldn't be bothered by that view, then you should be fine.

You still have a view of the wake, it is just a bit more distant than on the Vision and Radiance class.

Archived