Will I tender in or dock?

peabody99

I have looked EVERYWHERE for that website that tells what ships will dock and which ones will have to tender on a given day or itinerery. I cannot find it. Anyone know about this?

I like to know b/c I plan my race to secluded beaches. I know if there is tendering, I will be last off since I do not go on tours. If we dock then I may get a precious 45 minutes at that sweet beach before the throngs arrive. Thanks!

I have looked EVERYWHERE for that website that tells what ships will dock and which ones will have to tender on a given day or itinerery. I cannot find it. Anyone know about this?

I like to know b/c I plan my race to secluded beaches. I know if there is tendering, I will be last off since I do not go on tours. If we dock then I may get a precious 45 minutes at that sweet beach before the throngs arrive. Thanks!

What's your itinerary?

St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.; Roseau, Dominica; St George's, Grenada; Fort-De-France, Martinique; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

...I cannot seem to find where the *'s would be to notate tendering. I do not have a brochure, rather I am looking on line

St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.; Roseau, Dominica; St George's, Grenada; Fort-De-France, Martinique; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

...I cannot seem to find where the *'s would be to notate tendering. I do not have a brochure, rather I am looking on line

St. Thomas - Docked

Dominica - Docked

Grenada - Docked

Martinique - Docked

Sint Maarten - Docked

Half Moon Cay - Tendering

woo hoo. Thanks John! Of course we would like to know where you get your info for future cruises, but I will just be grateful things look pretty good.

YW -- Got this one from memory and from folks posting about their cruise right here on CC - Internet works also, especially the blog by HAL Capt. Schoonderbeek - He's been there a couple of times!;)

http://www.avidcruiser.com/albert/

woo hoo. Thanks John! Of course we would like to know where you get your info for future cruises, but I will just be grateful things look pretty good.

If you look on the itinerary on HAL's website: http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?durationCode=&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=NO&flexibleMonths=false&pageNumber=1&voyageCode=N910&destCode=C&dateCode=1_2009

you will notice a small TR after Half Moon Cay; at the bottom under Port Notes, they say that this indicates a tender port.

HAL puts an asterisk next to the port name in tender ports when they list an itinerary in one of their brochures. There is a note at the bottom of the page indicating the purpose of the asterisk.

Normally that's correct, however we encountered a tender port on the Maasdam last week which was not shown as a tender port on the printed itinerary we downloaded from the HAL Web site..

The port was Tortola..The last time that we were there, our ship was at the dock, but this time we were anchored & the Eurodam arrived 3 hours later & docked in our spot..LOL..I suspect this may have been a last minute HAL Management decision because of the number of passengers on the Eurodam..

I think Copper is correct that all the ports (except HMC) you will be at the dock unless your ship is usurped by the Eurodam..:D If that happens don't blame Copper..LOL

Our ship also had "Silent Dis-embarkation" with No Announcements! Each Stateroom received colored baggage tags with a letter telling us our Dis-embarkation time..In addition, on Dis-embarkation Day we were asked to use the public rooms instead of our cabins to wait for our Dis-embarkation time..

We had Grey No. 3 Tags..Our letter advised us to proceed to the gangway between 9:00 & 9:15..We did that, were immediately scanned off the ship as there were no crowds.. We also quickly found all of our luggage..Both our Embarkation & Dis-embarkation was a snap.. :D:D

Our Friends were on board with us & we used two Porter's to take all our luggage to the curb..One of them said he would come back to help load the car..We never asked him to do that & really did not expect that he would..When DH pulled up a half hour later he suddenly appeared & helped our DH's load those VERY HEAVY bags..:DWe were more than happy! Of course my Friend & I had initially tipped them very well..;)

Enjoy your cruise..:)Betty

.................I think Copper is correct that all the ports (except HMC) you will be at the dock unless your ship is usurped by the Eurodam..:D If that happens don't blame Copper..LOL

Don't blame the messenger!;)

Yep, bigger ships with more pax get the preferential treatment over their smaller buddies when it comes to smaller ports with limited facilities

Don't blame the messenger!;)

Yep, bigger ships with more pax get the preferential treatment over their smaller buddies when it comes to smaller ports with limited facilities

That's the way it is with people too! I'm 5'1" & DH is 6'2"..If I'm waiting at the Deli counter & DH walks up, all the ladies will ask DH first if they can help him...NOW THAT'S NOT FAIR! I'm the one writes the checks to pay the BIG bills!!;);)

Anyway, goodnight all..Happy cruising..:)Betty

Archived