Bringing Alcohol on board

JTravis

What is the story here?
I don't think it's encouraged, but I'm sure I've seen folks bringing coolers on board. Did they have beer in them?
I'm curious to know about bringing booze on board. I know I can't buy it in a port and bring it.
What experience can ya share.
Help. Anyone? I leave Tues. 9/11 for Acapulco...Yahoo!
Thanks,
JT

Most people that bring it aboard bring it in their checked luggage. I don't know if I would be so bold as to drag it on in a cooler. If they check it, there is a good chance they will take it. It's better to put it inside your checked luggage. I brought 4 fifths last time and just packed them in my suitcases. No problems!!! Everyone in my group did the same thing.

Sounds like a Party to me!
Tomorrow is my last day for errands and shopping and such. Then we leave Tues. AM. I need to pick up smaller bottles of booze. Most of my stuff is from Costco, and would eat up valuable suitcase space!

Did you roll them in bubble wrap???????

Did your cabin steward provide you with mixers and stuff? I like Tonic and Lime with my Stoli. However, a B-52 on ice or straight up is easy!
I wonder if those folks with the rolling coolers just packed clothing in them, and beer in the luggage!

I can't plan that far ahead like that. It was difficult enough buying the drink coupons on line. I don't know how much is enough, or too much!

Thanks for the reply!
JT

The S&S cruise was definitely a floating party!!!! I did not wrap mine in bubble wrap, as I did not fly with them, packed them before boarding the ship... wrapped them in some of my "non important" clothes... it is best if you can buy the plastic bottles... but some of what I brought along did not come in plastic. Your steward will keep ice in the room for you, but you will have to buy your own mixers... you can bring them with you or buy them on the ship. The only things they have free are lemonade/fruit punch and tea (ick, although the vodka mixed with lemonade and a splash of punch wasn't so bad! LOL) I don't know how I managed the space in my suitcase, but I had 2, and packed 2 bottles in each... just in case. Have a great time!

Many Thanks.
I did a little research out there, found some threads on the subject.
There are some pretty firm opinions about folks bringing alcohol on board. I can't believe people getting that steamed up!
Funny!
I guess there are some people out there that REALLY need a vacation!
I'm packing some in for the convenience of having it in my cabin.
I'll buy my mixers and tip my Steward well.
I will have fun!
Thanks for the good wishes.
Joyce

Joyce, no worries... my S&S bill was still $620 on a 5 day cruise... Carnival made money off me! LOL! I like the convenience of having a few cocktails in my cabin... plus we had several nightcaps as well. When you like to have fun, it's hard to avoid a decent bar tab, but bringing some along helped to ease the pain! LOL!!!

I'm sure you guys will have a great time!!!!! Can't wait to hear your review!

GoinCruzin and Baskeballmom
Thanks for the advise.
These boards can be so much fun, and informative too.
I just found out there will be 3 other ships at the SD Pier total.
This is going to be a zoo! We have a real small terminal down here.
Who cares? I'm going to be on vacation. And judging by the roll call boards for this trip, we'll be in good company with plenty of other folks with well stocked luggage.

Will review upon return.
Adios for now!
Joyce

Archived