Shore Tours Vila Sunday

Cruzer Nut

Hi All,

Wanting some advice about Shore Tour Times etc.

I almost fell off my chair when I read the thread about the Cruise Personliser on P&O letting you Reserve your Tours etc we have had our Shore Tours "Booked" for a year now in our heads.

We are in Vila on a Sunday, and thanks to you guys I know that the Shops close early on a Sunday (if open at all) and that has told me to Book our Tours in the Afternoon.

So here's the Question - Is an Hour enough of a leeway between tours at all??? One tour has it listed as finishing at 2pm and the other one we want to do starts at 3pm, will it give us enough time to make it back to the ship to make it for the next tour, can we wait in town for the next tour or do we have to start it at the ship?

Also - I really want to go shopping in Vila to get Christmas Presents (yes I know Late Christmas Presents) and there was a particular place that was near a shop full of wooden carvings etc that also changed money over (think it had a Red Phone Booth outside????) that was set up similar to Paddy's but only sold Clothes each "booth" had shirts, mother hubbard dresses etc in every colour and pattern you could think off.

Sorry the Description is so vague, I also intend on visiting Elizabeth at Room 8 for Trinkets but I don't know if she sells a Variety of Clothing (not just sarongs and grass skirts).

So are these places open on Sunday or will they be closed??

Hi Fi

Not sure about the timing between your tours (am sure someone here will have more experience than I!) ... we booked two tours on our first visit to Vila, the first one got us back to the ship at 9/9:30am ... the next one left at 11:30am - so we had more time (and went back onto the ship, grabbed an early lunch before leaving again).

That market (indoor/paddy type one) was open last cruise when we were in Vila on the Sunday. It was fascinating walking through there and talking with all the women working hard on their sewing machines!

Hope you have a great cruise!:D

Archived