Pre-paid Gratuities and On Board Credit

SelectSys

For our upcoming trip our travel agent has provided us with these benefits as part of booking the cruise. The only documentation we have is on our receipt from the travel agent. How are these benefits confirmed when we check in? Has anyone ever had problems with claiming these travel agent provided credits or gratuities? If so, what was your recourse with the travel agent?

Thanks in advance to all who respond!

For our upcoming trip our travel agent has provided us with these benefits as part of booking the cruise. The only documentation we have is on our receipt from the travel agent. How are these benefits confirmed when we check in? Has anyone ever had problems with claiming these travel agent provided credits or gratuities? If so, what was your recourse with the travel agent?

I see that your upcoming cruise is on NCL so you won't have to worry about the tips as they automatically charge you for them daily on your onboard account. If your TA has taken them off already with your package, you have that receipt you can show NCL if it would be deducted twice, which I am sure it won't be. On my recent cruise $10 was taken off daily and $5 for children daily. I also kept checking my account at the pursers office to make sure that their debits amount and mine were identical.

Hope this is not CVC?

I would get something in writing from the TA.

I see that your upcoming cruise is on NCL so you won't have to worry about the tips as they automatically charge you for them daily on your onboard account. If your TA has taken them off already with your package, you have that receipt you can show NCL if it would be deducted twice, which I am sure it won't be. On my recent cruise $10 was taken off daily and $5 for children daily. I also kept checking my account at the pursers office to make sure that their debits amount and mine were identical.

Looks more like Royal Caribbean to me.

I would try to get documentation from the TA. On our upcoming Princess cruise we received a OBC from our TA and have a confirmation showing it. Call me crazy but I still get a little leery when booking in a way other than direct, so I get all I can in writing. Everything has always worked out, but it just takes once when you dont have backup...

Hope this is not CVC?

I would get something in writing from the TA.

No it's not CVC. Actually a friend of mine left on a cruise booked through CVC today. Fortunately CVC had already made the payment to NCL and they were fine.

Looks more like Royal Caribbean to me.

Correct!

I would try to get documentation from the TA. ... Call me crazy but I still get a little leery when booking in a way other than direct, so I get all I can in writing. Everything has always worked out, but it just takes once when you dont have backup...

Agreed! It is on my receipt from the TA and I plan on taking it to the ship to back up my claim in case there is an issue.

Archived