PEARL/ noisy room disclaimer??

flbeachmom

JUst got back from pearl west. We had 2 conn ocean window rooms 5th floor 5608 and 5610. There was such a gosh awful noise that started at 12pm every night. It sounded like the ship was coming apart. We do not mind anchor noise or engine noise but this was something else. Reception claimed to not know what it was, but after the 4th night of this my husband goes a little nuts and drags someone into our room to hear. On Friday they finally give us rooms to just get some sleep in but the first part of my cruise was a drag because we were all cranky from no sleep. SO MY QUESTION IS- does anyone know what that is i could of heard in those rooms. And don't you think some rooms should come with a disclaimer so you can decide it you want to sleep there or maybe pay more for a better room!! We trudged on and had a wonderful time it is a great boat and loved the freestyle..

Sorry to hijack your thread... but can you tell me if the Pearl's ship time is the same as Cozumel's local time or is the ship time 1 hour ahead?

Thanks!

Before we reached Roatan we went to central time and then our last sea day we went back to eastern.

On the NCL deck plans, any "blank" space is likely to be a working space. I would be prepared for some noise if my cabin was next to such a space, but it sounds like yours was unusually noisy, and for long periods of time.

In a case like yours, after the first night, I would have asked to speak to the Hotel Director in person about your situation to see what could be done.

Sorry to hijack your thread... but can you tell me if the Pearl's ship time is the same as Cozumel's local time or is the ship time 1 hour ahead?

Thanks!

hey i think when we left Cozumel that night we set clocks back to us eastern time.

On the NCL deck plans, any "blank" space is likely to be a working space. I would be prepared for some noise if my cabin was next to such a space, but it sounds like yours was unusually noisy, and for long periods of time.

In a case like yours, after the first night, I would have asked to speak to the Hotel Director in person about your situation to see what could be done.

yes, we did talk to the reception every day but on Wend. they had no rooms available. Then somehow after my husbands rant/ and the guy hearing it for himself, then on thursday rooms became available. at that point we were at exhaustion. we even tried to sleep on deck 7. I do not know how anyone could sleep there. I have always been a good sleeper and can sleep thru anything, but not this time. I always make sure my room is not under a dance floor did not consider underneath me a problem. Reception told me to always get a room in upper deck between other rooms. Ill know next time, but wish there was a disclaimer on this area....

yes, we did talk to the reception every day but on Wend. they had no rooms available. Then somehow after my husbands rant/ and the guy hearing it for himself, then on thursday rooms became available. at that point we were at exhaustion. we even tried to sleep on deck 7. I do not know how anyone could sleep there. I have always been a good sleeper and can sleep thru anything, but not this time. I always make sure my room is not under a dance floor did not consider underneath me a problem. Reception told me to always get a room in upper deck between other rooms. Ill know next time, but wish there was a disclaimer on this area....

Talking to reception is not the same as demanding to speak to the hotel manager. Front-line clerks in any situation will do their best to appease you, and it won't be until you get to their boss -- in this case the "hotel manager" -- that anything really will get done. I would have stayed at the desk and demanded to see him (or her) on the first day you discovered the problem.

Talking to reception is not the same as demanding to speak to the hotel manager. Front-line clerks in any situation will do their best to appease you, and it won't be until you get to their boss -- in this case the "hotel manager" -- that anything really will get done. I would have stayed at the desk and demanded to see him (or her) on the first day you discovered the problem.

thanks, we did get a front desk manager....she is the one who told us no rooms available. thanks for the support glad to l know i was not being whiney. i am always the one who does not want to cause problems, but hubby is the one who finally lost it. just wish co. (all cruises -)had a disclaimer like the one with lifeboats blocking view.

first they told you they had no rooms available, and then they HAD rooms available? this makes no sense to me,,, did someone check out? lol really tho I would have questioned that.

We had the same rooms on the Gem last winter (sister ship of the Pearl), and had a similar noise problem. We complained that there was a VERY loud noise, and thought that something was broken on the hull. An officer from engineering was there within minutes, and after much radio discussion with other officers, the problem was solved. I never did get a full explanation from them, but form overhearing it had something to do with pipes and valves....

Sorry to hear of your difficulties..

first they told you they had no rooms available, and then they HAD rooms available? this makes no sense to me,,, did someone check out? lol really tho I would have questioned that.

well the manager said they were waiting for late check in--- i guess some people get on board mid cruise, then got off ??? go figure who knows

We had the same rooms on the Gem last winter (sister ship of the Pearl), and had a similar noise problem. We complained that there was a VERY loud noise, and thought that something was broken on the hull. An officer from engineering was there within minutes, and after much radio discussion with other officers, the problem was solved. I never did get a full explanation from them, but form overhearing it had something to do with pipes and valves....

Sorry to hear of your difficulties..

thanks i hope whoever gets the room next can get the problem resolved. No one seemed too concerned when we told them that the boat sounded like it was coming apart???

I bet someone left the ship in Cozumel. Perhaps they had a family emergency. The ship WAS full, to be sure. I ran into some very rude people on that ship. I don't blame NCL though. It is more that it was a Thanksgiving week cruise, and so the ship was packed.

Our stateroom on deck 11 was under the Italian restaurant. One night when the winds were whipping really badly, we heard stuff, I do believe the chairs up there were being knocked around or something. FORTUNATELY, it was only 1 night.

Over all we enjoyed our cruise and had a good time.

Archived