Glory Review-11/22/08

cruisertime

Hi everyone,

Sorry, no pictures, just my honest opinion on our cruise.

My wife and I, three adult daughters, (24,21,19) and our 4 year old granddaughter left on Friday to Orlando. Arrived at about noon and took the shuttle to Enterprise to rent a mini van. That went very smoothly and took the 45 minute ride to Raddisson at the Port. Weather was cool and windy, so we didn't take advantage of the pool. Staff was friendly and helpful. We had two rooms, and we had plumbing problems in one of them, although they sent someone right away to repair the toilet, it still didn't work, so we just used the one in the other room. We scouted the downtown, looked around and went to our room to take a nap before dinner.

Dinner was at Fishlips, about ten minutes from the hotel. Great food, good service, good prices. Would go there again in a second. After dinner, went to Ron Jons, Walgreens, Starbucks, the headed back to hotel.

Woke up, went next door for breakfast, then went to return the mini van. The drop off was about 5 minutes from the hotel, and the drove us to the port. Smooth as silk so far.

Once we were at port, we got in line for embarkation. From the time we entered the line until the time we enetered the ship was 27 minutes! Carnival staff could not have been more helpful or efficient.

Went to the Red Sail for lunch checked out our cabins then explored the ship.

My wife and I had a balcony, the kids had inside rooms right across the hall. For some reason we didn't use the balcony much, don't know if it would be worth the extra $$ for us to do it again, we'll see.

One negative on our room,(6473) it was right above the kareoke bar, and was very noisy later at night. Keep that in mind when booking.

We had early seating in the Platinum dining room, table 400, right behind the Matre D stand. We shared our table with a family from Ohio, who were very nice.

A note on the service in the dining room. the first night was slooooow. It got better after that, however, our waiter had tables in another section off to the left of us and it seemed that he spent most of his time there. Half the table would get their food, the other half would get theirs ten minutes later. Not a big deal for us, but it might upset some.

We did bring a bottle of wine for Thanksgiving, and we were charged the corkage fee. The bar server was a riot, (don't have his name), was always joking with my wife and daughters.

We had lunch in the dining room one day, was also very slow, so we just ate on the Lido the other days.

Sailed into Nassau on Sunday, took a taxi (20.00 for the 5 adults, our grandaughter was free) to Ardastra Gardens. Saw the marching Flamingos, took a taxi back, went to the straw market, and other shopping, then back to the ship. Left Nassau late due to a medical emergency, then very rough seas. So rough they had to cancel the shows for safety reasons. I'm not affected by it, and everyone else in my group were taking ginger pills, so we were ok, lots of people got sick though, they were taping vomit bags on the outside of the bathroom doors.

Sea days were rough, and we stayed inside.

St Thomas..... there was a fire at the power plant, so no one had electricity. We did the Skyline ride, that was very nice. Ate lunch at the top. Very expensive! Burgers, chicken fingers and 4 drinks, over $100.00 for 6 people. Beware!

More to follow.

Dinner was at Fishlips, about ten minutes from the hotel.

Fishlips is my favorite restaurant when I'm at the port area! Prices are very reasonable, service is good and a nice view, from the upper balcony, of the ships when they are in port. We give it two fins up! ;)

Archived