Can DEC. 3-4 WOW sale ob credit be combined with stockholder credit?

I am wondering if the WOW sale onboard credit can be combined with the stockholder ob credit? Think of doing that, but if not, I will wait until I am onboard later this month to get future cruise book credit, which I know can be combined with stockholder as long as I book before Dec. 31. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ellie

If you read the small print at the bottom, you will see it is NOT combinable with any other OBC's, Stockholder OBC. C&A discounts etc. You can't cancel your current cruise between Nov. 25 thru Dec 2, 2008 ( if it is one of the cruise's listed on the WOW sale) and try to book the same cruise for the Wow Sale. They have all the perks covered!:D

I have an outstanding next-cruise certificate that I'd like to use in the next few months. Am I correct in assuming I can use it as far as the $100 deposit, but will forfeit the OBC that goes with it if I book the WOW sale? And is there some reason I need to use it before Dec. 31, as another poster mentioned?

OK...I just wanted to post what the RC CS rep just shared with me on the phone. UGH...what a confusing deal. Anyway...words out of his mouth...if you are a past cruiser...the WOW sale really isn't a good deal. Because it is NOT combinable with any other offers. I asked about VISA OBC...and he said the way it is worded..."Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits". ...leaves it open for RC to be able to deny the 2 OBCs. I called because I'm very interested in a cruise next DEC and didn't know if I'd be better off booking on board in a couple weeks. He said definitely on board because I'll get the same OBC and it will be combinable with other offers. The only thing...I'll have to pay full deposit.

Phew!

If I book a 7 day cruise tomorrow, the WOW flyer states I will get a $100 OBC per cabin. I'm going on the Monarch next month. If I book during that cruise, how much will I get in OBC? The same? One way or the other I'm booking the Adventure for next summer. Thanks!

If I book a 7 day cruise tomorrow, the WOW flyer states I will get a $100 OBC per cabin. I'm going on the Monarch next month. If I book during that cruise, how much will I get in OBC? The same? One way or the other I'm booking the Adventure for next summer. Thanks!

Hi dolfandude...if you book a 7 day on board you will get a $100 OBC...and IT WILL be combinable with other offers in the future. However...the WOW sale OBC...is NOT combinable. The downside...you'll have to pay the full deposit $$$ if you book on board. However with the WOW sale, it is 1/2 off. Did I make sense...or confuse you more??? :p

OK...I just wanted to post what the RC CS rep just shared with me on the phone. UGH...what a confusing deal. Anyway...words out of his mouth...if you are a past cruiser...the WOW sale really isn't a good deal. Because it is NOT combinable with any other offers. I asked about VISA OBC...and he said the way it is worded..."Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits". ...leaves it open for RC to be able to deny the 2 OBCs. I called because I'm very interested in a cruise next DEC and didn't know if I'd be better off booking on board in a couple weeks. He said definitely on board because I'll get the same OBC and it will be combinable with other offers. The only thing...I'll have to pay full deposit.

Phew!

Here's the e-mail I got from Crown and Anchor:

Crown & Anchor Society #

RE: Royal Rewards

Dear Ed:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. You can redeem Royal Rewards points for onboard credit or merchandise for a reservation booked under the upcoming Wow promotion. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our office directly at 800-526-9723.

Ed, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Florence

My guess is the difference is that RCI is not paying for the OBC from Royal Visa, Bank of America is. How it works is the certificate is basically paid for by part of the service charge levied by all credit card issuers.

As usual, it all depends on who you talk to. The person you spoke to only went from what was written and really didn't know.

Happy Cruising,

Ed

Here's the e-mail I got from Crown and Anchor:

My guess is the difference is that RCI is not paying for the OBC from Royal Visa, Bank of America is. How it works is the certificate is basically paid for by part of the service charge levied by all credit card issuers.

As usual, it all depends on who you talk to. The person you spoke to only went from what was written and really didn't know.

Happy Cruising,

Ed

True...it does seem you get a different answer...for each RC CS rep...I'd hang onto that email...something tells me, you'll need it. I'm going to book on board.

A similar but related question...

is the WOW credit combinable with the "residency rate" discounts? My TA wasn't sure, it's not specifically excluded.

At any rate, the residency rate I just booked (EOS 2/13/09) is almost a $500 per person discount, so if I can't use the WOW OBC I guess I"m okay with that.

I also have an RCCL Visa and I can get quite a bit of credit from that too.

I think I will email C&A.

Archived