Last minute question on Camp Carnival

stbmom

What happens if there aren't a lot of kids in an age category?

We have a three year old and this will be his first time at Camp Carnival. I have a feeling he won't want to leave his brother and sister (they are 15 months, so not old enough to go - bummer). I especially think he won't go to Camp if there are only a couple of kids in the room.

Is the "family time" usually crowded?

What happens if there aren't a lot of kids in an age category?

We have a three year old and this will be his first time at Camp Carnival. I have a feeling he won't want to leave his brother and sister (they are 15 months, so not old enough to go - bummer). I especially think he won't go to Camp if there are only a couple of kids in the room.

Is the "family time" usually crowded?

My son was 7 years old at his first Camp Carnival so I can't say about the younger ones but he didn't want to go but did and had a okay time but spent the rest of the cruise with us. I never saw it really crowded in Camp Carnival on our cruises.

There is usually plenty of kids that is close to your child's age group.

With that said, it's really tough to know whether your son will enjoy Camp Carnival or not. When we brought our DD5 (she was 4 then) she kicked and screamed about not wanting to go. Well, after we stayed and played with her for about 15 minutes DD5 started playing with a few other kids close to her age. DW and I snuck out. We came back to get her 2 hours later and she didn't want to leave. End of story :)

Family time wasn't too crowded for us on the Freedom.

There's loads of toys, games, and even video games (that I wanted to stay and play but DW dragged me out :) ).

On the Destiny, the camp room isn't overly huge, so on top of the 2-5 group, there's the 6-8 and 9-11 groups also. So it always seemed like there were a lot of kids there, even though they were divided throughout the room by age doing age-appropriate activities.

It was never very quiet when we dropped our 3 year old off!

Our son loves it, and we usually come to pick him up and he says to come back later! Make it sound like this is a special thing for him, that the others are too little for, and he might want to check it out. Go check out the camp the first day, and show him all the cool things he can play with, then he might want to go back also, and tell him all the BORING things you will be doing!

Archived