When to go to the food buffet??????

inaina

I plan to board early on my first voyage, on the Carnival Liberty ,Jan 3/09 ,thinking around 11:00 o'clock.....

So, is the restaurant open this early for lunch? how about the swimming pool? how about my carry on ?

Any advise in how to kill the time till departure at 4 :00 o'clock ?;)

Buffet will be serving as soon as passengers are allowed to board. Cabins are not available until 1:30, so all carry-ons will have to go with you to the buffet.

Dining Room is only open for lunch on Sea Days.

I plan to board early on my first voyage, on the Carnival Liberty ,Jan 3/09 ,thinking around 11:00 o'clock.....

So, is the restaurant open this early for lunch? how about the swimming pool? how about my carry on ?

We usually board by noonish.....and the first thing is to get a map and walk around..........then find the buffet...........(except for our last trip, which was our 3rd on the Victory....at that time, it felt like home.......)

We usually haven't gone swimming, although we keep a suit in our carry-on.....I usually have a bag with meds/some change of clothing....hubby carries his cpap machine.........

Buffet open and ready for hungry cruisers! Make sure you go to the grill by the aft pool and ask for a steak sandwich! They are awesome and they have sauted onions and mushrooms! Real strip steaks!:D

No signs! You have to ask!

Aside from everything already mentioned, there will be a few scheduled activities before sailaway. Grab a Capers as soon you get on the ship.

For my most recent cruise, here are some of the things that were going on before the ship left:

Noon - 3 Shore Excursions Desk Open

1:30 PM Camp Carnival Playroom opens

2:15 PM Ship Tour

3:00 PM Welcome Aboard Trivia, Lido Deck

Don't think of it as "time to kill". You're on vacation the minute you get on the ship. :)

There's lots of stuff to do or you can do nothing at all but sit on the deck with a drink and people-watch.

We usually like to explore the ship first and find our way around. A lot of people take tours of the spa. You'll want to check your cabin periodically to see if your luggage has arrived. Then you can unpack and settle in.

Before the ship departs, you'll have to go to the mandatory life boat drill. The Capers will tell you what time that's supposed to take place but don't get too worried about the schedule because sometimes it's late. Just listen for the announcements.

Have a great time!

not true............not true.............

We always drop our carry ons in the cabin and go to the buffet from there.

dondon55

foxboro ma

You can't always do that, somtimes the firedoors are locked and you can't get down the hallway, and even if they were closed and not locked, we respect that the stewards don't want to be bothered with us until the cabins are ready.

So, is the restaurant open this early for lunch?

The dining room is not open, but the Lido buffet area is in full swing, as is the pizzeria, salad bars, and grill. You will not go hungry.

how about the swimming pool?

On a few cruises, the pool has not been filled when I boarded.

how about my carry on ?

On each and every cruise, my cabin has been ready when I boarded around 11:30, and I've dropped off my carry-on bag. Once, the steward was still cleaning, but let me put my bag in the closet.

Any advise in how to kill the time till departure at 4 :00 o'clock ?

Oh, believe me you'll find plenty to do until sailaway. My favorite is having a nice DOD and then exploring the ship. I like to get my bearings early in the day.:)

At first I was going to rub you about "killing time" on a cruise. Then I saw the smilie and figured you meant like hanging the DND sign on the door knob, right? That is a right of passage for many. And if none of this makes sense, see the response about "bar" and "DOD", that always works.

Archived