Internet on Solstice

gsarnow

Wifi is available in staterooms. I bought the smallest package at $40 which was 75 minutes. I believe it was $.65 per minute without the package...of course higher priced packages have lower per minute prices.

I have a question as well.

In the staterooms, are there just keyboards foir internet or it is actually a computer? Are there USB ports on the keyborad or computer so I can upload some photos to the net or attche them to my email(I have a device I can plug my SD card into and then to the USB port)?

If not in the cabin, is there an "Inernet Cafe" where I can do this?

How was the speed? DH will want to get a bit of stock trading done. Speed is critical there. Thanks!!

Hi BugerBits !

The speed was about the same as the Millennium Class Celebrity ships. It's not DSL, but it's faster than a 56K Modem. As this is a new ship, I expected faster speeds. Also, the internet was down or slow during peak times.

For most passengers, the speed should be fine. For a Stock Trader that needs lightning fast speeds ? I think he will be disappointed. Then again, you cant expect lightning fast speeds on any Cruise ship, that I know of. I wish I had better news.

I have a question as well.

In the staterooms, are there just keyboards foir internet or it is actually a computer? Are there USB ports on the keyborad or computer so I can upload some photos to the net or attche them to my email(I have a device I can plug my SD card into and then to the USB port)?

If not in the cabin, is there an "Inernet Cafe" where I can do this?

Hi Pete !

The Keyboard is for use on their Internet on the TV system. Its not a PC. I didnt see any USB ports on them. There is a very nice internet cafe onboard, that can take care of your other needs. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi BugerBits !

The speed was about the same as the Millennium Class Celebrity ships. It's not DSL, but it's faster than a 56K Modem. As this is a new ship, I expected faster speeds. Also, the internet was down or slow during peak times.

For most passengers, the speed should be fine. For a Stock Trader that needs lightning fast speeds ? I think he will be disappointed. Then again, you cant expect lightning fast speeds on any Cruise ship, that I know of. I wish I had better news.

Andy --

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. DH has made note of your observation and will tailor his activity accordingly - much like he did when we were on Century last summer, but with the added benefit of WiFi instead of plug-ins in the cabin.

Do you happen to know if the WHOLE SHIP is WiFi enabled? i.e., can one sit at the pool and connect to the internet with their laptop?

Thanks again!

Archived