booze is easy to sneak...what about BEER??

berls088

i know people posts threads daily about how to sneak booze on board, but the REAL question is how to get beer on board. hard lq is easy because it doesnt take up much space and can be shaken... beer takes up space and cant be shaken. my dad is cruising with us and can only drink beer for medical reasons...but i dont want him spending an arm and a leg on the boat. so please give ideas on how to get BEEERRRRR on board

i know people posts threads daily about how to sneak booze on board, but the REAL question is how to get beer on board. hard lq is easy because it doesnt take up much space and can be shaken... beer takes up space and cant be shaken. my dad is cruising with us and can only drink beer for medical reasons...but i dont want him spending an arm and a leg on the boat. so please give ideas on how to get BEEERRRRR on board

Buy a 12 pack of soda and replace it with beer. As long as you can't see through the box, should be ok. I also bought and brought the long neck aluminum cans on last cruise. I packed them in a bubbled UPS envelope I got from work :D And since that is what they serve (Bud Light anyway) on the boat, I could come and go with them as I pleased.

Buy a 12 pack of soda and replace it with beer. As long as you can't see through the box, should be ok. I also bought and brought the long neck aluminum cans on last cruise. I packed them in a bubbled UPS envelope I got from work :D And since that is what they serve (Bud Light anyway) on the boat, I could come and go with them as I pleased.

thats a good idea... using the empty box u mean right? to bad they dont make 30 racks of soda... cause 12 beers is like a days worth! did u put it in ur carry on??

thats a good idea... using the empty box u mean right? to bad they dont make 30 racks of soda... cause 12 beers is like a days worth! did u put it in ur carry on??

go to Sam's club and get a 36 pack of Pepsi....LMAO

:eek:

You should try it like the folks that were ahead of me the last time I was on a cruise. They were openly carrying 24 packs of beer, and they had a bottle of booze under each arm! When they got to the security they had to give it all up! I couldn't help but laugh.

i didnt even know they made 36 packs of soda... that works. we are flying in a day before so we can just bring the soda box with us, and before heading through security put beer in it and put it in luggage? im nervous but me and my dad LOVE beer but not $24 for 2!

and those were some dumbbb people in front of u in line... i woulda cried seeing all that booze go to waste!

The first time I did it, I did the alum. can thing in the UPS bags. I am considering doing the cans in a soda box on next cruise. At least mix maybe 6 with some diet cokes.

I would put it in your suitcase instead of carry on, chances are better of it getting on that way, I think.

The first time I did it, I did the alum. can thing in the UPS bags. I am considering doing the cans in a soda box on next cruise. At least mix maybe 6 with some diet cokes.

I would put it in your suitcase instead of carry on, chances are better of it getting on that way, I think.

well since u are leaving for a cruise in 2 DAYS tell me how it goes! so now i know HOw to get beer on just a matter of suitcase vs carry on...

We bought the 16 oz. Miller light in the plastic bottle.

We just wrapped them in an towel,and put them into the extra large zip lock bags. Then we just put them in our suitcase. We have done this 3 times and never had a problem.

We usually buy our drinks when we are at a bar, etc, but when we are sitting on our balcony it is nice to have one handy.

claudia

i didnt even know they made 36 packs of soda... that works. we are flying in a day before so we can just bring the soda box with us, and before heading through security put beer in it and put it in luggage? im nervous but me and my dad LOVE beer but not $24 for 2!

and those were some dumbbb people in front of u in line... i woulda cried seeing all that booze go to waste!

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=286793

:D

well since u are leaving for a cruise in 2 DAYS tell me how it goes! so now i know HOw to get beer on just a matter of suitcase vs carry on...

Yep, will do! Trying to decide how cheap I want to be HAHA! I am bringing some Captain Morgan in a "flavored" (colored) water bottle and thought about bringing a bottle of wine. Not sure I want to mess with beer this time. Hubby does not drink and I just like to have something to "sip" on while I'm getting ready for dinner or whatever, in my room.

I understand about people smuggling booze on board. But beer? If beer is chilled, allowed to warm, then chilled again, it is no longer fit to drink. If beer is subject to violent movements [the oh so gentille dockside porters], again it is no longer fit to drink.

Tooo many bad things can happen to beer to make it worthwhile smuggling. But if you are talking about American canned beer, what's the difference. It is brewed unfit to drink.:D

That makes me wonder. What number do the American brewers have in the bailout line. You KNOW! they are in line somehow!

Dan

My son was able to bring some on-board at several of our ports..They really don't check for beer being brought on like they do bottles of booze.....Dennis

really? what did he just put it in a back pack and put it through the xray thingy? i would loveeee drinkin beer from all those countries on the boat

That makes me wonder. What number do the American brewers have in the bailout line. You KNOW! they are in line somehow!

Possibly, if they weren't all bought out by other countries!

I hate InBev for buying Anheuser Busch!!!!!!

Just back from 11/22 cruise. We took a 12 pack in a carry on with no problem. Other alcohol we put into plastic soda bottles.

You know those 5L mini beer kegs? Back in our crazier days (5 years ago, lol) we brought 2 mini kegs on the ship, along with 2 whole suitcases filled with booze and a blender, but thats another story.

the mini kegs are great for the room and chill down easily. Sure, you cant carry it arround with you, but was pretty cool to smuggle aboard

I was also thinking about the mini-keg idea. Even if your checked bag gets x-rayed (small chance), they would be looking for things that resemble a bottle of hard liquor or wine. A mini-keg would look strange, but I don't think suspicious. I think it would work. Better yet, smuggle two mini-kegs (one in each suitcase). Then you would be twice as likely to be successful at getting at least one of them on the ship. Best "case", you get both mini-kegs on board, and it will be fun for all.

I bet a dollar there was no waste.

~$20 for 4 on the boat.

At your first port, go to the local market and fill up your back pack. Seems the Carnival folks are a lot "looser" than the Customs(?) folks at departure.

I bet a dollar there was no waste.

~$20 for 4 on the boat.

At your first port, go to the local market and fill up your back pack. Seems the Carnival folks are a lot "looser" than the Customs(?) folks at departure.

yea thats true... someeebody got drunk for free! the mini kegs are a good idea too. as for the skunkin of the beer... ill buy it RIGHT before heading on board and will buy it non-freezered and then put it in the fridge when i get on board and twalla! beer for me and my dad! theres 6 of us going, so we will all try it different ways so regardless ill have beer! (and fail proof hard liquor and wine)

I had a rolling cooler with my room tag on it.. loaded it up with Coors Lite or was it Miller Lite 16oz plastic bottles.. I had Red Bull, Vodka, sodas and waters in it.. no worries. Got to the room, gave the cabin steward 20 bucks to keep it iced for me. We had cold beverages. Not one issue with my rolling cooler. Made a good spot to put stuff in to bring home to!! Just bring it.. no one will bother you. Just make sure its in something. Just dont walk on carrying cases!!

I had a rolling cooler with my room tag on it.. loaded it up with Coors Lite or was it Miller Lite 16oz plastic bottles.. I had Red Bull, Vodka, sodas and waters in it.. no worries. Got to the room, gave the cabin steward 20 bucks to keep it iced for me. We had cold beverages. Not one issue with my rolling cooler. Made a good spot to put stuff in to bring home to!! Just bring it.. no one will bother you. Just make sure its in something. Just dont walk on carrying cases!!

There's always that pesky rumor about cooler sizes now being limited to 12" x 12" x 12" to ruin a good story. ;):D

really? what did he just put it in a back pack and put it through the xray thingy? i would loveeee drinkin beer from all those countries on the boat

It's true. I bring a 6 or 12-pack back on from every port of call we go to. Never had them take it, just put it in your beach bag, don't be conspicuous about it. Nothing cooler than drinking Carib, or Kalik, or some other local beer not sold on the ship during sailaway. All the other passengers are jealous! As for the embarkation port, we sometimes buy an old hard-sided suitcase at a thrift store for a couple bucks and fill it completely with beer and sodas. After the cruise, we leave the empty suitcase to be adopted by the room steward or thrown out.

Archived