booze is easy to sneak...what about BEER??

berls088

i know people posts threads daily about how to sneak booze on board, but the REAL question is how to get beer on board. hard lq is easy because it doesnt take up much space and can be shaken... beer takes up space and cant be shaken. my dad is cruising with us and can only drink beer for medical reasons...but i dont want him spending an arm and a leg on the boat. so please give ideas on how to get BEEERRRRR on board

There's always that pesky rumor about cooler sizes now being limited to 12" x 12" x 12" to ruin a good story. ;):D

I did it last year.. maybe they have changed since then.. it was a soft sided/collapsable cooler. IM going on a cruise in about 3 weeks so we will see if it still works. Thanks for the heads up!!

Just be careful if you plan on taking something that's not sold on board.

My brother likes Bud Light in a can (don't ask :rolleyes:). But on the ship it's in the 16 oz bottles. He got them on the ship just fine (checked luggage). The first day he was ordering buckets on the ship since his luggage hadn't arrived yet. He ended up keeping some buckets, plus using the trash can, to keep all his cans cold. When he wanted to go out on deck, he'd load up a bucket with some cans and take it out.

He didn't have any problems until he tried to take it into the disco. Security almost took it away from him, since they know he didn't buy it on the ship. He had to take it back to his cabin (actually, he just poured a bunch into my 52 oz bubba keg) before he could get in.

I have this cooler and I realize it is larger than a 12x12, if I chose to check it in leiu of carrying it on do you think I would have any problems?

0001527271216_215X215.jpg

Dimensions: 13.5"L x 9.5"W x 19"H

It looks like a suitcase, I think you'll be ok. The problem was with people actually checking hard-sided coolers with duct tape wrapped around it.

Heineken mini-kegs are sold at most grocery stores and convenience stores. At least in my town.

Thanks for the info......I think I'm gonna try the wine carry on idea as well as the aluminum bottles and some liquor in water bottles!!

Funny what we do to save some cash!! Well, if anyone drinks like we do....it's saving LOT O cash! LMAO!!

We are going during Spring Break and I am sure they will be cracking down then..... Has anyone had problems during that time??

I understand about people smuggling booze on board. But beer? If beer is chilled, allowed to warm, then chilled again, it is no longer fit to drink. If beer is subject to violent movements [the oh so gentille dockside porters], again it is no longer fit to drink.

Tooo many bad things can happen to beer to make it worthwhile smuggling. But if you are talking about American canned beer, what's the difference. It is brewed unfit to drink.:D

That makes me wonder. What number do the American brewers have in the bailout line. You KNOW! they are in line somehow!

Dan

I have always bought warm beer and then re-packed it into 3 or 4 pack groups and ziplocked them before placing into suitcase. I normally pack 2 ziplocks into a single suitcase. With a family of 4 that normally cruises that gets me 24 cans to enjoy. Just get a bucket your first day and you room stewart will keep them iced the entire cruise. I still buy plenty on board but it is just nice to have some in my room when I want to enjoy one. Others have brought up this point, but be sure you bring a brand that is sold on the ship. Also be sure its in the same conatiner. I did a NCL crusie that only had Miller Lite in bottles and I had 24 in cans. Made me use a can huggie when I was out and about..

During our beer smuggling heyday - we had as many as THREE suitcases (CHECKED luggage) which would each hold a CASE of Miller Lite PLASTIC bottles. One case per perfectly sized suitcase. We took several aboard over a few cruises without any problems. Often, we wound up giving beers away --- Carnival's worst nightmare, LMAO!

43672938_pg4P8-L.jpg

We have not done that the last couple of years, though I was seriously considering it after our 11/21 Celebrity sailing... Coronas were $6 EACH!!! Though if you bought 4, you got the 5th for "free"... :rolleyes: At our second port we did pick up an $8 six pack and brought it back onboard with all of our snorkel gear (in a large bag) - straight though the scanner, NO PROBLEM :)

Tom

go to Sam's club and get a 36 pack of Pepsi....LMAO

:eek:

Way to go PB....always "thinkin' outside the box" :p:D

I put a case in a carry-on bag. Had I not had the 3 bottles of wine and 6 of water in there I could have gotten at least another 12 pk and a half.

whomever mentioned picking up a suitcase in port and checking it is brilliant. this year we are renting a car for a day to get to miami from ft lauderdale. i think we may just do that. buy everything warm....check the bag...once it gets delievered (if?!) ice it up that way if i want a drink when im in the room i dont have to drag myself to a bar to get one.....

Way to go PB....always "thinkin' outside the box" :p:D

I put a case in a carry-on bag. Had I not had the 3 bottles of wine and 6 of water in there I could have gotten at least another 12 pk and a half.

Honestly..any more I just bring wine for dinner, as i do not like the limited choice they have.

It's too much of a hassle to keep going back to the room for refills.

Plus we always bring a bucket back to the room to keep filled.

Less to carry on. :D

During our beer smuggling heyday - we had as many as THREE suitcases (CHECKED luggage) which would each hold a CASE of Miller Lite PLASTIC bottles. One case per perfectly sized suitcase. We took several aboard over a few cruises without any problems. Often, we wound up giving beers away --- Carnival's worst nightmare, LMAO!

43672938_pg4P8-L.jpg

We have not done that the last couple of years, though I was seriously considering it after our 11/21 Celebrity sailing... Coronas were $6 EACH!!! Though if you bought 4, you got the 5th for "free"... :rolleyes: At our second port we did pick up an $8 six pack and brought it back onboard with all of our snorkel gear (in a large bag) - straight though the scanner, NO PROBLEM :)

Tom

You sir are a terrible influence on me:mad: THANKS:D

I found a 15 pk of Bud in aluminum bottles for 10.00 at the Class Six on base. THat was the ONLY thing they had in aluminum or plastic so I took it. If I loose it oh well. I just threw it in the suitcase. Hopefully all will go well. I put DH a bottle of Asti Spumante in the other suitcase. If we get caught then oh well guess someone at Carnival is having a free drink. I wonder if they use all that confiscated booze at their Christmas parties?? :p I plan to buy wonderful delicious tasty beer in port that actually has FLAVOR.

My 1st cruise years ago with my Wife (GF at the time), we checked into the room and then took a large backpack and went back on shore to the duty free. The GF had cruised before, so we got 4 bottles of booze, put them in the back pack, and headed for the boat. I was nervous, afraid of getting busted and kicked off the boat, but the GF was cool. When they sent the backpack thru the scanner, no problem. When it got out of the scanner, it fell over and the bottles clanked, oh crap, here we go, I'm going to get thrown off the boat! The security guy looked at me and said, it's her's! we were just dating so I guess I was thinking I would rather loose a GF than get thrown off the boat? She calmly reached in and grabed 2 bottles of booze which they took and tagged them and said we could pick them up after the cruise (which we did). As she handed them the 2 bottles, I said, I thought you bought 4? If looks could kill..........and an elbow in the ribs..........The security guard must not of heard me, so we got 2 of the bottle on board.

Archived