Ship to Airport Transfers in Acapulco

algriff

We are on the Island Princess cruise thru the Panama Canal from Feb 2, 2009 to Feb 12, 2009. We will end the cruise in Acapulco, and need to get from there to the airport. I'm sure many of you have done this, so what is the best way? Are there taxi's available or shuttle buses. Can I pay them in US dollars? Do I need to make reservations or is there plenty of transportaion available at the cruise port? Any advice or help you can give us will be appreciated.

Thank You

Alan & Carolyn

We just got off in Acapulco on Saturday (Coral Princess). You can pay for the Princess transfer (bus) to the airport. I think it was $45US per person. Can anyone confirm? This can be done about 3-4 days before you arrive in Acapulco. A form will be dropped in your "mailbox" at your cabin door, which you fill out and leave at the Passenger Services desk. The charge is added to your onboard account.

There are LOTS of taxis at the cruise terminal, with their "pimps" inside the terminal getting in your face! We were not going to the airport, but about halfway to a hotel. I was told by these "pimps" that the cost would be $40US. I knew that it should be about $25US. The best I could get was $30US, which is still too much, as they expect a tip as well.

Outside the fence there are other taxis. I spoke to one of these drivers (who also wanted $30US), and told him $25US. He agreed, but asked for a tip too! I figured $28US is fair.

A taxi from our hotel to the airport was also $25US plus tip, so you should be able to get a taxi from the pier to the airport for about $50 plus tip (for 2 people and your luggage).

All the drivers were nice. A ship steward, from Acapulco, told me that ALL taxis are safe, but you need to haggle the price up front.

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived