Advice Needed re: Aft SA Suite

HappyCruiser44

We were just offered the opportunity to upgrade to an aft SA suite. We were wondering if it is pretty rough back there as we always book midship. The other issue is that it is directly below the Lido deck. Will it be noisy all day long or just in the morning when the chairs are being set up?

Thanks for your help.

We were just offered the opportunity to upgrade to an aft SA suite. We were wondering if it is pretty rough back there as we always book midship. The other issue is that it is directly below the Lido deck. Will it be noisy all day long or just in the morning when the chairs are being set up?

Thanks for your help.

We had an aft corner suite on the Westerdam. We only noticed chairs being moved a couple of times and it wasn't a constant thing - more like someone just moving a lounge chair to catch the sun better. I had read we might hear the crew cleaning the Lido deck early in the morning. We didn't hear a thing. As for the motion of the ocean - the seas were pretty rough the first night out. We were about 4 hours out when the Captain said we had to turn back toward Ft. Lauderdale because of a medical emergency. When we headed back out again, he really "stoked the boilers" to make up for some of the time lost as we headed to HMC. We were really rocking and rolling and it was our first cruise. Neither my DH or I suffered any ill effects. It was more like being rocked to sleep in a cradle by someone who had had way too much caffeine! I would select our cabin again in a heartbeat. It was absolutely beautiful on the back of the ship and what a treat to sit on our balcony and watch the wake from the ship.

Not that is makes a whit of difference regarding the suite perks but the corner cabins on the stern are SB on deck 7.

If it is the Oosterdam AND your cruise is prior to Apr 09 then the balcony will be HUGE. If it is one of the others the balcony is still nice and wraps around but it will be roughly half as deep.

Not that is makes a whit of difference regarding the suite perks but the corner cabins on the stern are SB on deck 7.

If it is the Oosterdam AND your cruise is prior to Apr 09 then the balcony will be HUGE. If it is one of the others the balcony is still nice and wraps around but it will be roughly half as deep.

We were on the Westerdam in November, she's already had her aft lift right? Our corner suite was SB 8140. From what we could tell, our cabin was wider but not as deep as the SAs on 7 near the Neptune Lounge. Our balcony went on for days. Can't imagine what it was like before the aft lift! We certainly had more than enough room for the two loungers, the table with 4 chairs and the two arm chairs with ottomans.

I don't know how you reached that conclusion, but it doesn't matter: there are still no SA suites on the stern of the Eurodam. :)

Perhaps it was an assumption because I looked at the posts and he/she is on the roll call for the Eurodam. Maybe a wrong assumption, I don't know!

But from this thread I would not pony up any extra coin for the stern cabins on the Eurodam:

OP called it an "upgrade", not an "upsell". Which is it?

If it were truly an "upgrade", it might depend on what cateogry/location the upgrade was from. I, for one, would love to have the opportunity to have that view.

OP called it an "upgrade", not an "upsell". Which is it?

If it were truly an "upgrade", it might depend on what cateogry/location the upgrade was from. I, for one, would love to have the opportunity to have that view.

Good point. I may have read more into the word "offered" than was intended.

I had the cabin category posted incorrectly - it is an SB and yes it was an upsell but a great deal from an SS. Chose to take a midship SB instead; was offered an SA for the same price as well but liked the location of the SB instead. Thanks for the tip re: narrow balcony - would not like that

Archived