should I add the fourth?

bmacri

Our cruise started out in feb 09 with 2 in the cabin.

Then I added my adult son; that's three.

Now I'm feeling bad I didn't invite his wife.

How would four large people work in a cabin?

Thanks for your comments.

I'm assuming you're not talking about a suite.

If it's a standard size cabin.....it'll be tight quarters. But, people do it.

If you're just going to use it for sleeping and changing clothes, I think it would be manageable for a week.

What about your son and his wife getting their own cabin??

What about your son and his wife getting their own cabin??

That would be my suggestion, too. It seems rather odd to invite any adult without their spouse, but could really raise issues when it's an in-law who was excluded.

But to address the original question, I would never share a stateroom with another couple - no way. A suite with separate sleeping quarters, maybe; but one stateroom just wouldn't work for us. We like a little privacy and our own space.

If I invited my DD and not her DH, I think I'd have bigger problems than being crowded in the room. I just can't imagine! Invite her or have them get their own room. On one of our first cruises (NCL), we had one room that we shared with my DD and her DH, it worked out just fine, it wasn't a suite, but a large room with a sitting area and a drape that could be pulled for privacy.

It seems rather odd to invite any adult without their spouse, but could really raise issues when it's an in-law who was excluded.

I thought it odd, as well.

I would never invite a child of mine w/o the spouse. That could really cause problems...lol!

OTOH...if my parents invited me w/o my DH....I wouldn't think of going (although I'd want to!).

May be an interesting back story here!!

"...I didn't invite his wife..."

That seems to be a pretty big slap in the face to her.

I don't really think that four, or at least this four, would work well. We have done two cruises with a female adult friend sharing our cabin. In no time at all we realized that there is no privacy, so why try to make some. One person taking all of their clothes in to the bathroom to shower and dress is a real pain, so we just ran around naked while getting ready. By the second day of the cruise each one of us had been naked while the other two were fully dressed. Being adults, it did not cause a problem at all. But with a child and that childs spouse in the cabin that might not work. Plus, on our most recent cruise, there was a queen bed, a trundle bed that was placed under the queen during the day, at night it was right next to one side of the queen, the fourth bed was a pull down bunk on one wall. Not great for a couple, and a larger person would have a really hard time climbing up into that bunk...

Archived