yet another internet question

ViolaSwamp

So, I am working on my MBA program and I will need to work while onboard this January.

I plan on taking my laptop which I do not have wireless access on.

My question is, can I transfer MS Word files via zip memory stick from my laptop to the HAL computers to upload online in the Explorations Cafe?

So, I am working on my MBA program and I will need to work while onboard this January.

My question is, can I transfer MS Word files via zip memory stick from my laptop to the HAL computers to upload online in the Explorations Cafe?

As far as I know, there is no ability to use memory sticks (or any other device) on HAL's computers. On another thread John mentioned seeing a memory card reader, but I haven't.

On the other hand, your laptop most likely has a slot for a PCMCIA card (usually on the side) where you could put a wireless card. These are available at most electronics stores for around $30 - $50 or on ebay for less than $20 if you shop a bit.

Rich

No. The ship's computers have the unused USB ports software-disabled, to help prevent the loading of unauthorized things, and your account will not be able to use any storage space on them anyway.

Buy a PCMCIA card as Rich suggested, or a USB wireless adapter. They can run from $20 up to $50 or $60. :)

Archived