How does the plunge pool in locker room work?

Sen

I am set sailing on the Jewel a week from Friday and I was interested in using the plunge pool in the women's locker room. Is it hot or cold? Do you sit in it like a hot tub? Does the water go over my head?

O M G!!!!!!!!

The plunge pool is for taking a quick dip after sitting in the steam room or sauna (or if you're just a masochist!). It is THE COLDEST Water I have ever put my hand into in my life!!! I was not crazy enough to jump in, but there were some girls there who dared each other to do it. After the first girl did (which much screaming and cursing) the 2nd girl refused to do it, and her friend was really mad lol

It's only about 4 feet deep, if that, so not over your head. But it doesn't matter, it's so cold that you'll literally FLY out of the water upon contact! :D

I don't have an answer for you Sen but if they are ice cold as Kentish Belle mentionned, here is the BEST relaxation method I ever tried:

STEP 1: 15-20 minutes in the hot sauna (dry Finland Sauna or steam Turkey Sauna type, both are fine)

STEP 2: A dip (FULL 5-10 seconds) in cold water (no, this is NOT OPTIONAL)

STEP 3: 15-20 minutes relaxation in a temperate room

STEP 4: 15-20 minutes in a hot tub (Step 4 is totally optional but if you want to go in the hot tub, better to do it at this time).

Do this routine 2-3 times and you'll start feeling your muscle deeply relax.

That sounds almost like the thing that they would not only do in Japan but in places like Norway as well. However, I think I may give the plunge pool a whirl just to say that I did it. Do they keep the temperature posted on wall?

As noted above, it is a one or two person hot-tub sized cold water pool that you use after using either the steam or sauna. One person at a time, but rarely used. Don't forget this is in an area that you pay extra for. You can pay for the day or for the whole cruise. You get showers, lockers, sauna, steam room, plunge pool, hot tub, quiet area in the locker room, and a co-ed hot tub and quiet area. All are in the spa area of the ship, near the gym. All the best.

The spa thermal suites (sauna, steam room, hot tubs, plunge pool and locker room) are not free. You can purchase a day pass, a pass for the entire cruise. If you have a spa treatment you can use the facilities for the day at no additional charge.

We just finished a 12 day cruise on the Jade, a spa pass for the entire cruise was $120 for each of us. Well worth the price I think.

It looks like you have your answer but I can confirm for you that I used the thermal suite every day on my Jewel cruise. The plunge pool is VERY cold, only big enough for one person, and about 4 feet deep.

Be brave and go for it. I actually started to enjoy it eventually but I could only literally dip myself in and then right back out again (and into the sauna). Alternating hot and cold is not only good for your muscles, it is a very effective way of increasing your metabolism, which can't hurt on a cruise.

I've seen people go in the plunge pool naked before :eek: and so i won't go in them anymore. Can I just say that is sooo disgusting?!? Other people don't want to go in there after a naked person, yuck!

But God forbid we allow a swim diaper in the baby pool...

I've seen people go in the plunge pool naked before :eek: and so i won't go in them anymore. Can I just say that is sooo disgusting?!? Other people don't want to go in there after a naked person, yuck!

But God forbid we allow a swim diaper in the baby pool...

Too bad you feel that way about the body. If you ever go to Europe or Japan, you'll find that they don't have these kind of hangups.

Too bad you feel that way about the body. If you ever go to Europe or Japan, you'll find that they don't have these kind of hangups.

They don't mind exchanging bodily fluids with strangers? I didn't say I don't want to see a naked person, I just don't want to share a pool with them. :o

They don't mind exchanging bodily fluids with strangers? I didn't say I don't want to see a naked person, I just don't want to share a pool with them. :o

Bodily fluids? Are you kidding me? You think nude people are peeing and having sex in a pool? You think a person wearing a swimsuit is any cleaner than a nude person?

O M G!!!!!!!!

The plunge pool is for taking a quick dip after sitting in the steam room or sauna (or if you're just a masochist!). It is THE COLDEST Water I have ever put my hand into in my life!!! I was not crazy enough to jump in, but there were some girls there who dared each other to do it. After the first girl did (which much screaming and cursing) the 2nd girl refused to do it, and her friend was really mad lol

It's only about 4 feet deep, if that, so not over your head. But it doesn't matter, it's so cold that you'll literally FLY out of the water upon contact! :D

We had the spa pass and I loved it but I only tried the plunge pool once and ran shivering back to the steam room. My sister does the polar bear swim in the creek on our farm every Jan 1 and if she says the plunge pool is too cold, you can believe her!

Viv

I'm dying to know what a difference it makes having a layer of lycra spandex over your 'bits' that prevents the spread of disgusting bodily fluids?

Archived