Royal Family Suite

ab1881

I was just able to switch from 2 D1 cabins to a family suite on the aos, we are a family of four with my in-laws also going so six total in the suite. Has anyone every been in one of these suites? Do you get all the suite amenities, concierge, etc. Also I gave up cabin 1690 and 1692 so if your on our cruise (feb 13, 05) there are two great aft cabins open now!!

We were in the Royal Family suite in October on Voyager and man was it worth every penny we paid for it. You have a large bedroom with bath room, another bedroom with 2 drop down beds and 2 single beds. The sofa is not comfortable, avoid using if you can, it is like sleeping on a piece of plywood. Then you have an extra bathroom and walk in closet. I have never had so much storage space. The balcony is wonderful. (and huge), Every night we had a different treat. One night hor devers, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. There was a fruit basket when we got there, and they just cater to your every whim. I am totally spoiled now. I hate to take another cruise without having it. You will love it

My family stayed in a Royal Family suite aboard the Serenade in Alaska this past September. Yes, you get concierge service, a plate of something delivered to your room every day in the early afternoon (choc. covered s'berries, quiches, fruit and veggies, cookies, candies, etc.), and use of the Concierge Club. The suite is so spacious, it's actually bigger than some Junior and Grand Suites. The master bedroom has a huge bathroom with tub and hand held shower, marble floor and countertops, a huge walk in closet, and a vanity table in the bedroom. The walk in closet is so big that I was able to put 2 large suitcases down on the floor open, hang clothes up, and fold things on a shelf that was in the closet, and still had plenty of room! It also has a living room with a 36" TV and DVD player and stereo. A breakfast area, another bedroom with two twin beds and two pull down beds. The sofa also makes a bed, so you could actually sleep 8! We only had 4 in ours and it was very roomy. There is also another bathroom near the entrance that is just like all the "normal" ones in the majority of the cabins. Funny, it even had a doorbell! There are only 4 of these on the Radiance class ships, so many people don't even know they exist. You'll be glad you have it. Have fun!;)

I just had this on NOS and I will never book anything else. The balcony is worth every penny. We didn't use the concierge after the first day. On NOS, the concierge lounge is a very small interior space, not very appealing in comparison to your suite or other public spaces. I took lots of pictures of the suite which I hope to have up soon.

Thanks for all the info, now I'm really excited!! I can't wait to tell my daughters, we did a pier upgrade to an owners suite last time and they really got spoiled with that. It sounds like the same perks that came with that come with the family suite also. Does the concerige still get your ice show tickets too? That was so much better than standing in line.

Maria65

I would love to see your pictures, let me know when you post them.

Thanks again everyone

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1081128

I hope this works. These are random shots of the interior of the suite, #9394 on NOS. They're a little lived in but you get the idea of how things are layed out. My 10 yr old son said the sofabed was comfortable but I'm glad I didn't have to find out for myself, it seemed really hard to me. The balcony is much bigger than it appears, with a dining area and a lounging area. We enjoyed breakfast on the balcony and I really appreicated the peace and quiet of an aft balcony. It is a long walk to the elevators but I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. We had zero problem with soot as has been reported by others. I did feel the engine vibration on the first day but I must have gotten used to it because I never sensed it after that.

We cruised in August 2004 on Legend of the Seas in Royal Family Suite 8032--two adults and two children (8 & 11). Having the two separate bedrooms and baths made for a very relaxed cruise--never a rush for dinner or getting out in the morning for an early excursion. The space was great, and all suite amenities were provided.

We're planning to try the Splendour of the Seas European cruise in August, 2005. We've reserved two aft D1 connecting cabins--the Royal Family Suites were already gone in October! Not sure we could go back to a single cabin for the four of us after being spoiled in the RFS--our previous cruise was in a Grand Suite on the Splendour in November, 2002, and the additional space in the RFS was overwhelming.

THANKS

• 3 weeks later...

This link http://perso.club-internet.fr/guillaumin_mj/home.html has pictures of almost everything you could think of on the Voyager class ships. Lots of pictures of cabins, including Family Suites. Also pics of the concierge lounge on each of the ships so you can check out where you can enjoy early evening FREE cocktails and goodies. You're going to love it!

The suites look beautiful. Does anyone have additional photographs of the older ships? I will be in this suite on the Rhapsody. I am hopeful that suite will be as nicely decorated. I know the balcony is smaller but that space is taken up by living area inside. I've seen that the balcony is accessible from the master bedroom. I do hope mine will have the nice furnishings. The pictures on their website look kind of like 1985.....

We had the Royal Family Suite on the Mariner of the Seas 3 weeks ago. LOVED IT! We too changed from 3 D2 balcony cabins to the RFS. It was the best thing we have ever done. I don't think I can cruise in anything less than the RFS....well, I'll have to, but I won't like it!

Here is the link to my pictures.....http://community.webshots.com/user/usakcg

Archived