Chances of people cancelling?

Teresa, did you call up RCI to book, or did you just go through the website, or use a TA? There are usually a lot more cabins available than are on the website. You could call RCI and ask what others are available in your category.

To answer your question, though, there are often people who cancel or change reservations before final payment.

Good luck!

The Serenade and her itinerary are our favorite!

Michelle-

We booked on the phone with RCI...they checked everything. You are right though, the cabins we got were not on showing available on the website...I will keep calling to check...Thanks everyone!

Teresa

You are obviously smart! Keep trying. I bet something will show up.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise!

Even in the best of times there is going to be a percentage of cruisers who will have to cancel their cruise bookings because of a variety of factors (deaths, accidents,illness, employment or vacation scheduling changes etc.). (Some lines are even reputed to factor those cancellations into their booking structure and sometimes overbook their sailings in anticipation that a certain percentage of guests will cancel before the sailing date.) Final payments should be coming due shortly for April cruises, so you should see some increase in availability around that time. Keep checking and you may find a stateroom that you would really enjoy on the cruise of your choice. Good luck.:)

What is the latest they assign Guarantee cabins? We had a guarantee cabin assigned, got a lower price and lost our cabin. Now we are awaiting reassignment for 5 days. Last time we were assigned within 24 hours. Don't know if they hold up is the WOW sale which ends tomorrow, because our final payment was yesterday, or if we just lucked out last time with a quick assignment.

No matter what, we will definitely have a cabin right? They can't oversell a cruise can they?:confused::confused::confused:

Go into RCCL and go thru the whole regestration procedure as if you are going to book and at the end some rooms will come up that you may be interested in.If you are looking for a balcony click on balcony.I do this all the time and have found a room near where I want.Then I call RCCL and keep it on the computer as I talk to them and they will find it.

Oh don't worry....April cruise finals aren't due till Jan....and I think you can expect things to fall off a cliff after the holiday....ie...more layoffs, store closings, over-purchased CC's, not to mention that you are starting to see vacation discounting BIG TIME....your cruise may start to look expensive real soon as I think you can expect a price war as companies related to vacationing struggle to survive.....there will be plenty cancellations...no doubt at all.

Oh don't worry....April cruise finals aren't due till Jan....and I think you can expect things to fall off a cliff after the holiday....ie...more layoffs, store closings, over-purchased CC's, not to mention that you are starting to see vacation discounting BIG TIME....your cruise may start to look expensive real soon as I think you can expect a price war as companies related to vacationing struggle to survive.....there will be plenty cancellations...no doubt at all.

You know what is so wierd? When we went to book air-we had a hard time...,many flights were sold out and all were expensive as anything! That sure didn't look like a recession! Go figure!

T...:)

I just booked Serenade - Southern Caribbean for April...of course there were not many cabins to choose from...what are the chances of some opening up before I sail?

T

Check ********************. They will usually have a list of ALL avaliable cabins on your ship. Thats how I found our cabin on our upcoming Voyager trip.

i keep checking and calling (if i feel like it) right up until they cruise disappears a couple days prior to sailing....usually a week or 2 after final stuff opens up...(they don't cancel everything at final payment-they try and get a hold of people first.....)

What is the latest they assign Guarantee cabins? We had a guarantee cabin assigned, got a lower price and lost our cabin. Now we are awaiting reassignment for 5 days. Last time we were assigned within 24 hours. Don't know if they hold up is the WOW sale which ends tomorrow, because our final payment was yesterday, or if we just lucked out last time with a quick assignment.

No matter what, we will definitely have a cabin right? They can't oversell a cruise can they?:confused::confused::confused:

Yes, you will definitely have a cabin. Sometimes cabins are assigned quickly, sometimes they aren't assigned until you get to the pier. Just keep monitoring your reservation on RCCL's website.

Archived