Where can I find square footage of cabins?

disneylover89

Where can I find the square footage of balcony and suite cabins on the

Gem? Are all balcony rooms the same or do different categories have different square footage?

Also.

If you are a family of 4, can the room be set up as 1 queen and 2 bunks? I hated when we cruised on the Crown and my husband and I slept in separate bunks.

Try this link. (Thanks to whoever posted this site a few weeks ago.)

http://cruises.continental.com/c/cruiseline.asp?lineid=34

After going to the link, click on your specific ship, then click on the tab for staterooms. You'll get a list of all the stateroom categories with descriptions, including square footage.

Where can I find the square footage of balcony and suite cabins on the

Gem? Are all balcony rooms the same or do different categories have different square footage?

Also.

If you are a family of 4, can the room be set up as 1 queen and 2 bunks? I hated when we cruised on the Crown and my husband and I slept in separate bunks.

I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I don't think any of the balcony rooms allow 4 people, max 3. Only inside and oceanview cabins allow up to 4. (I'm not including suites in this discussion.)

Somebody, correct me if I'm wrong.

You could get adjoining cabins with a door between. You'd have to officially put one adult in each room, but then when you actually move in, put the children next door and you and hubby in the queen. That will give you some privacy too.

Thomas

You could get adjoining cabins with a door between. You'd have to officially put one adult in each room, but then when you actually move in, put the children next door and you and hubby in the queen. That will give you some privacy too.

Thomas

I have always thought this was a great idea for families if they can afford to do it. One more cost effective way is to have a balcony room and an inside stateroom just across the hallway. That way you all get to enjoy a balcony (especially the adults at night) and you will have a bathroom for mom and dad and one for the kiddo's. And they are just across the hall from you.

The Gem has plenty of balconies that will accommodate 4 passengers. Just go to NCL's website and pull up the deck plans for the Gem. Any cabin with an "+" on it is a quad. I quickly looked on decks 8 and 9 and found quite a few. (For example cabins 9110, 9112, 9114, 9116 and 9118 are all quads, that is just the first few that jumped out at me).

I believe that the balcony quads have two beds that can be set up as a queen sized bed, one fold out chair that becomes a single and then one upper bunk.

The mini-suites have the two beds that turn into a queen, a one fold out couch that becomes a double.

Archived