Mariner - Cabin 9692 - Obstruction?

KAWS

I just booked this cabin today and the guy at RCL said that while there's an obstruction it's only for 10% of the view. I guess any obstruction regardless of how small and the cabin has to be labelled "obstructed view".

Has anyone had this cabin and can tell me more? Or pictures perhaps?

I just booked this cabin today and the guy at RCL said that while there's an obstruction it's only for 10% of the view. I guess any obstruction regardless of how small and the cabin has to be labelled "obstructed view".

Has anyone had this cabin and can tell me more? Or pictures perhaps?

2807548660036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

2299148510036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

I was actually in that exact cabin on Mariner in April. The reason we booked it was because we were on Freedom the previous year in the same cabin and LOVED it.

I really don't think the obstructed view is anything to worry about. It's just the structure that is at the back of the ship. I thought it was great to be able to sit and watch the wake. Also, if you look straight down, you will be able to see down onto part of the balcony's below you. That wasn't a big deal to me either, but some people might mind. I will get some pictures posted tonight so you can see what I mean...

We had this cabin the last time we were on the Mariner. It was great and we absolutely LOVED the huge balcony! Enjoy - you won't regret your cabin choice!

Did they say that this was a Junior Suite? It looks smaller than the JS on either port or starbard sides.

I was actually in that exact cabin on Mariner in April. The reason we booked it was because we were on Freedom the previous year in the same cabin and LOVED it.

I really don't think the obstructed view is anything to worry about. It's just the structure that is at the back of the ship. I thought it was great to be able to sit and watch the wake. Also, if you look straight down, you will be able to see down onto part of the balcony's below you. That wasn't a big deal to me either, but some people might mind. I will get some pictures posted tonight so you can see what I mean...

Kelly ~ see you on Mariner in April..we are on the April 19 sailing. as well

I have an aft cabin there too but deck 10 1392 :)

No, it's not a junior suite - I believe it is an E2 category cabin. The cabin is standard size, but the balcony is very large. We had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table on the balcony.

Actually it's an E1 category. I'm going to stick with this cabin, but keep my eyes open in case another full aft E1 opens up on another deck or maybe even a D1 full aft. Obviously I'd rather have absolutely no obstruction, but if another doesn't come available, this will do just fine.

Thanks everyone for the comments and the photos.

Archived