Avis no longer has port of Miami shuttle

Hi all,

I recently found out that Avis has discontinued their port of miami shuttle (since May 2004 according to the customer service rep). I know this question comes up a lot on this board and I just wanted to update everyone about this, so you are aware.

FYI, Alamo still has their port of Miami shuttle.

Budget also does not have a port shuttle to Miami anymore. Beware trying to get a cab from the cruise port to the downtwon Budget office. When the cab drivers learned we were only going downtown and not to the airport, the refused to take us! We had to get a police officer involved to make a cab take us and the cab driver was not happy about it. I wish I would have wrote down all of those cab #'s that refused to take us! Grrrrrrrrr

Hertz has also discontinued their port shuttle as well. We had to take two cabs. Had I known that in advance, I would have dropped my family and luggage at the pier first rather than having to pay for two cabs.

By the way, be careful with hertz. They tried to rip me off in West Palm Beach when I picked up the car after midnight. I only needed the car for 10 hours and they tried to charge me for 2 full days because my inital reservation had been from the 29th to the 30th. I was picking up the car two hours late because my flight was late and they wanted to charge me twice as much as I was quoted. Eventually I got my original price but the guy was incredulous that I didn't want to pay double for having the car two less hours. And guess what, I got home and discovered they charged my credit card for gas and mileage. I called and got that $36 charge removed. I think they count on people not checking their bills carefully.

We are renting a car from Budget. they have no shuttle to port of Miami? How far away is the port from where u drop the car off? How much did it cost for the taxi? Is there any other car rental places near by that will shuttle you to and from?

Archived