Princess Customer Service Extraordinaire.

kiberkid

I have a story too:

Island Princess RT LA-HI 2006.

For her she thought the trip was over. Without the chair she could not go ashore. She could only eat via room service unless her husband and I brought her buffet. She was in tears.

The next morning the ship senior engineer officer showed up with 6 little engineer oompa-loompas and picked up her chair and took it to the engine room, only to return with it in BETTER WORKING ORDER than when it was first rented, less than 4 hours later.

They gave my sister a miracle and our whole family will be forever greatful for the extra effort it took from so many staff to put my sister back into the driver's seat.

Having experienced this, i often tilt my head to complaints that I see on this board. The worst things to happen on a cruise are not speed of the lines in the buffet or the presence of an eggcrate mattress. Much worse can happen and when it happened to us, Princess was there in proud force.

--bob

Gotta love those oompa-loompas! :D Those are some of the behind the scenes folk that almost no one ever sees, but make our vacations superlative !

Thanks for sharing !

Times Prince Bob

Gotta love those oompa-loompas! :D Those are some of the behind the scenes folk that almost no one ever sees, but make our vacations superlative !

Thanks for sharing !

Times Prince Bob

I'm sure some folks may take exception to the term "oompa-loompas", but I choose to view it as you have... the folks behind the scenes doing all the work.

On our first cruise on the Island Princess, we were touring the ship on embarkation day and when we were walking near the gym, this secret door opened (it was just a panel on the wall) and out trooped about 8 guys (all very short Filipinos) carrying workbags, tubing and wire. I don't know where they were going, but they were off to fix something.

Archived