Refund of Fuel Supplement on All Sailings on or after December 17th

DRAM

I'm booked (and paid) for the 01 Feb 09 cruise on the CB. I checcked my Cruise Personaliser today and I notice on mine that Princess has added a Notification stating that they reserve the right to re-instate the $9/person/day surcharge if the price of oil on NYMEX goes back over $70.

So I'm going to just assume that I won't get the rebate and if there is an onboard credit waiting for us when we board it will be a pleasant surprise.

John

We have a situation where we sail on Dec. 10th for 2 weeks. The second half of our cruise would start on Dec. 17th, therefore the second week we shouldn't have to pay the charge. I do understand it is worded sailings Dec. 17th and after. I called Princess and talked to a representative and she encouraged me to contact customerrelations@princess.com which I did and I'm waiting for a reply. She said she understood and was sure they would be hearing from others in this situation. If any of you have this situation please contact them as the more people they hear from the better. I am very happy for all of you that this works out for as this will make your cruise even better!

I leave on CB Dec 14th for 2 weeks also. I will be phoning tomorrow, for sure. It is a B2B but one booking number. I was happy to see others with this problem. Like you say if enough phone maybe they will do something for us that are falling in the middle of this whole thing.

We are also on the 12th sailing out of Sydney. I just sent customer relations an email asking to have this rescinded immediately. Why is it necessary to wait 2 weeks? They can issue onboard credits at anytime.

At $43/barrel Carnival should be paying me money to go on this sailing! :rolleyes:

Whats the betting us poor folks in the UK get nothing ?

I didn't think the surcharge was applied to bookings made in the UK. Am I wrong? If you didn't get charged in the first place, you shouldn't see any change now. If you did get charged the fuel surcharge then I'm sure you'll get the refund or OBC just like the rest of us.

Very Good News - Bad news is I booked my flights for a Feb 13 cruise two weeks ago and they have gone down $65pp on todays pricing.

Can't win em' all!

Can you get a credit for the difference in price? I just did that with Southwest. I got an $85 credit (to be used on another flight) because our flight prices came down.

We missed the fuel refund by just 8 DAYS!! :-(

Sorry for not getting the surcharge back but you ARE off to Sydney, my home town. You'll love it! My fellow Aussies will look after you. Enjoy I'm soooo jealous!:p I love going home.:DAnthony

We are looking forward to going to Australia again:D.

You fellow Aussies took good care of us last time.

After reading this thread this am I went on my personalizer as I have already made final payment for my March cruise.

The balance says a credit of $196.00 :D

If fuel prices don't go up any time soon it looks like DH and I will have a nice spa treatment!!

Andrea

Archived