La Paz beach?

cascole

I'll be going to La Paz on the Spirit in April... the men will probably book a fishing charter that day so I'm trying to find the best place to take my 4yo DS. We really enjoy an easy beach day with palapas/food/drinks... are there beach restaurants in LaPaz or nearby that fit the bill?

We were just in La Paz, on HAL. The ship docked at Pichilingue, which is quite a way out of La Paz. There was a free shuttle to a nearby beach that had lovely sand, a few "no-charge" palapas, and clear water. There were stingrays :( I think it was called Tecolote Beach. There were a few restaurants there, and you could use their tables & chairs & palapas if you purchased food and beverages.

I would think they'd be providing the shuttles to town and beach for Carnival pax, too.

There were a couple of taxis at the beach, so if the young 'un gets tired or over heated, you could use one of them to get back to the ship if you don't want to wait for the shuttle. We were charged $2/person USD to return to the pier.

IIRC, the daily info sheet said that swimming at the beach right in La Paz is NOT recommended, as there is pollution from industry.

Archived